- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 126
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Music Notation: History & Theory
Course SummaryThis informative test prep course offers a handy way to get ready for the NES Music - WEST exam. Each lesson is accessible 24 hours a day and accompanied by a short multiple-choice quiz to help you check your knowledge along the way.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
If you're looking for a resource you can use to prepare for Washington State's NES Music - WEST exam, this engaging and mobile-friendly test prep course can help. Made up of short lessons and self-assessment quizzes, this comprehensive course addresses all the topics you'd expect to find on the test. These include the elements of music notation; meter, rhythm, and melody; musical periods and genres; and much more. Study any time you need to with this course, which is accessible 24/7 on any smartphone, tablet or computer.
Check out our NES test prep materials! We've got NES courses to teach you the material, comprehensive NES study guides to help you study, NES practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational NES resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
Written by professional instructors, this course is made up of lessons that align with the concepts covered on the NES Music - WEST exam. You'll review videos on areas including jazz music, pop music, and musical theater. After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Discuss vocal and instrumental ensembles
- Outline music of the medieval period and the Renaissance
- Understand different instruments
- Detail the elements of melody
- Explain different music of the world
- Identify the Romantic, Classical, and Baroque periods in music
- Identify opera and orchestral music
With 16 chapters divided into 124 lessons, this course makes getting ready for the NES Music - WEST exam easy and enjoyable. Before, during, or after reviewing the lessons, take the self-assessment quizzes that accompany each one to test your knowledge and test preparedness.
NES Music - WEST Exam Information
The NES Music - WEST exam is the official exam used for the music teaching endorsement for candidates in the state of Washington.
- Number of Questions: 150 questions
- Question Type: Multiple choice
- Time Limit: Three hours
- Exam Cost: $95
NES Music is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses