- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 194
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Nurse Aide: Definition & Duties
Course SummaryProspective nurse aides in New Hampshire must demonstrate required skills and an understanding of nurse aide practices and other healthcare information. Use this course to review topics you need to know when taking the New Hampshire Red Cross Nurse Assistant (CNA) Competency Evaluation test.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
24 chapters in New Hampshire Red Cross Nurse Assistant Competency Evaluation (CNA Test) Training
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This study guide has been designed to provide a quick and effective overview of various material you would encounter when sitting for the New Hampshire Red Cross Nurse Assistant (CNA) Competency Evaluation test. Lessons cover details about what nurse aides do, how they administer care to emergency and non-emergency patients, ways they communicate with and educate patients, how they control infections and steps for assessing patients. You will review details about nutrition, sleep, assistive devices, pain and other topics nurse aides must be familiar with. Once your study of this course is complete, you should have developed a deeper understanding of the following:
- Nurse aide roles, responsibilities, principles and ethics
- Nurse-patient communications and relationships
- The importance of nurse hygiene and safety
- Infection prevention and control practices
- Care of wounds, inflammation, infections and emergency situations
- Personal care skills in nursing
- Basics about sleep/rest, nutrition, hydration and issues of the skin, bowels and circulatory system
- Patient mobility and the use of assistive devices
- Types of physical impairments
- Nursing observation and assessment techniques
- Concepts in mental and psychosocial health
- Theories and types of pain and how to manage it
- Care in hospice settings and understanding of the aging process
About the Exam
The New Hampshire Red Cross Nurse Assistant (CNA) Competency Evaluation test measures your understanding of nurse aide concepts and practices in a two-part exam that evaluates knowledge application and skills demonstration. In the written portion, you must answer 60 multiple-choice questions. This exam can be administered orally via audio CD. You will have 90 minutes to complete the written/oral exam. In the skills exam, you must demonstrate four clinical skills in a 30-minute period. A score of at least 70% is required to pass the written exam. Unofficial results of your exam are communicated once you have completed your test.
New Hampshire Red Cross Nurse Assistant (CNA) Competency Evaluation Exam Preparation & Registration
This course addresses all of the material on the New Hampshire Red Cross Nurse Assistant (CNA) Competency Evaluation test. Lessons define nurse aide roles, outline communication methods for patient education and discharge processes, relate safety and hygiene practices and detail personal and emergency care skills needed for attending wounds, infections, heart attacks, burns and other injuries and illnesses. You will also review specialized care practices used for physical impairments, how assistive devices are used, how pain is managed, ways that nurse aides assess patients and attend to dying patients. Easily accessible video and text lessons provide a convenient and self-paced option to prepare for your CNA exam. Confirm what you have learned by using self-assessment quizzes and chapter exams and identify any areas in which you might need further review.
Once you have completed a Red Cross Nurse Assistant Training program, you are eligible to take the New Hampshire Red Cross Nurse Assistant (CNA) Competency Evaluation test. You must notify the NH office of the American Red Cross via email or toll-free phone number to request the test form and to process your payment of test fees. Proper ID must be presented at the test site on the day of your exam.
The New Hampshire Nurse Assistant (CNA) Evaluation test is administered by the American Red Cross, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Certified Nurses Aide Course Descriptions
- How Can I Become a Nurse?
- What Does a Nurse Do?
- Nurse Aide Training in TN with Course Descriptions
- Nurses Aide Programs in Texas with School Information
- Certified Nurse Aide School Program Information
- Certified Nurses Aide: Nurses Aide Certification Program Overviews
- Nurses Aide Training Programs and Requirements
- Certified Nurses Aide Training Programs
- Courses Needed to Be a Registered Nurse
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses