- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 149
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Human Growth and Development Theories
Course SummaryThe NMTA Assessment of Teacher Competency - Early Childhood exam assesses the pedagogic knowledge of teachers who want to work with young children in New Mexico. Use this course's lessons and practice quizzes to review and master all of the concepts you need to know for the test.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
17 chapters in NMTA Assessment of Teacher Competency - Early Childhood: Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This study-guide course has been assembled to help aspiring teachers of young children prepare for the New Mexico Teacher Assessments (NMTA) Assessment of Teacher Competency - Early Childhood exam. These chapters make up a comprehensive review of the material you may see on the exam. With them you will be able to follow along with our professional instructors as they explain:
- Theories about learning and childhood development
- Techniques and components of teaching children as a 'whole'
- Adapting instruction to fit the needs of individual students
- Environmental factors that affect learning
- Creating and managing positive learning environments
- Important uses of communications in education
- Uses and forms of assessments in early childhood education
- Foundations and responsibilities of early childhood education
About the Exam
The NMTA Assessment of Teacher Competency - Early Childhood exam is used to ensure that teachers preparing to teach young children have an adequate pedagogic knowledge of early childhood education. To achieve this objective, this exam asks a series of 75 selected-response and four constructed-response questions. This is a computer-based test, and you will be given three hours to complete it. The passing score is 240.
Preparing & Registering for the NMTA Assessment of Teacher Competency - Early Childhood
Watch the lesson videos of this chapter and read the text lessons to improve your understanding of the topics covered by the NMTA Assessment of Teacher Competency - Early Childhood exam. After each lesson, take its quiz to discover topics you don't understand and review those parts of the lesson again. After you have completed the lessons and quizzes of a chapter, take the practice chapter exam to measure your overall understanding of the material presented.
Before you can register for an NMTA exam, you will need to set up an account on the NMTA website. When you sign up for a testing session for the NMTA Assessment of Teacher Competency - Early Childhood exam, you will choose a test date and a testing site from a variety of testing locations nationwide. If you need to change the time or place, you may, as long it's done no later than 24 hours before your scheduled session.
New Mexico Teacher Assessments (NMTA) Assessment of Teacher Competency - Early Childhood is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- The Subjects New Early Childhood Teachers Need to Study
- How to Become a Substitute Teacher in New Mexico
- How to Become a Kindergarten Teacher in New Mexico
- How to Become a PE Teacher in New Mexico
- How to Become a Preschool Teacher in New Mexico
- What You Need to Know About Teacher Certification Reciprocity
- Alternative Teacher Certification in New Mexico
- How to Become a Teacher's Aide Teacher in New Mexico
- New Mexico Teacher Certification Requirements
- How to Become a High School Teacher in New Mexico
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts