- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 172
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Development? - Growth, Maturation & Learning
This course can be found in: NMTA Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 20+ NMTA study guides, and 5,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryThe NMTA Elementary - Assessment of Professional Knowledge (051) exam has been discontinued. Please view the Study.com course Praxis Early Childhood Education Test (5025): Practice & Study Guide instead. That course is designed to fully prepare you for your teacher certification exam.
Sign up to start this course today
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
NMTA Elementary - Assessment of Professional Knowledge (051): Practice & Study Guide • 175K views • 7 min
About this course:
14 hours of educational videos
172 self-paced lessons
20 practice tests
Natalie is a teacher and holds an MA in English Education and is in progress on her PhD in psychology.
20 chapters in NMTA Elementary - Assessment of Professional Knowledge (051): Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related NMTA Courses
About this Course
The NMTA Elementary - Assessment of Professional Knowledge (051) is no longer offered for teacher certification.
Instead, please visit our Praxis Early Childhood Education Test (5025): Practice & Study Guide page. This course will help prepare you for your upcoming teacher certification exam!
This course is designed to prepare you for the NES Assessment of Professional Knowledge: Elementary exam, covering all of the topics outlined in the official test materials provided by the National Evaluation Series. Our professional instructors created this comprehensive course to help you master these objectives. Some of the topics covered in this course are listed below:
Student Development and Learning
- Delineate several major theories of development, including those of Piaget, Erikson, and Bronfenbrenner
- Recognize how infants develop perceptually
- Explain the process of linguistic development
- Describe how different types of development are interrelated
- Demonstrate knowledge of cognitive development
- Identify variations in development, including learning disabilities, speech sound errors, and ADHD
Assessment, Instruction, and the Learning Environment
- Describe the process of validity in assessment
- Recognize causes of testing bias
- Explain the process of high-stakes testing
- Identify items used in curriculum planning, such as guides, maps, and lesson plans
- Apply classroom management techniques
The Professional Environment
- Demonstrate knowledge of building relationships with families
- Describe methods of collaboration with other faculty members and specialists
The preparation course for the Elementary Assessment of Professional Knowledge exam is broken down into 19 chapters, with 158 short lessons. Practice quizzes at the end of each lesson can help you feel confident that you're on-track with the exam content. Flashcard sets also provide you additional practice opportunities.
NES Assessment of Professional Knowledge - Elementary Exam Information
- Number of Questions: 100 Multiple Choice Questions and two written assignments
- Question Type: Primarily multiple choice, with a case study written assignment and work product written assignment.
- Time Limit: 3 Hours
- Exam Cost: $95.00
NES Assessment of Professional Knowledge Exam Breakdown
|Exam Concept||Percentage of Test Score||Approximate Number of Questions|
|Student Development and Learning||24%||31|
|Assessment, Instruction, and the Learning Environment||40%||46|
|Case Study||10%||One written assignment|
|The Professional Environment||16%||23|
|Work Product||10%||One written assignment|
Registering and Preparing for the NES Assessment of Professional Knowledge - Elementary Exam
The exam is administered at computerized testing centers year-round. Students can register for this exam directly through NES's registration page, choosing an available slot at a local test center.
Those who have prepared for the exam on study.com will be well-prepared to sit for this test. The engaging, memorable videos help you remember what you'll need to know. For more information on registering and preparing for any of the NES exams you'll need to take to obtain your teacher certification, check out our NES Preparation Resources
Students will receive a scaled score from the test center immediately upon completing their computerized test. Approximately two weeks after that, they will have access to a score report. You can learn more about how the NES exam is scored here.
The NES Assessment of Professional Knowledge - Elementary is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc., which I not affiliated with Study.com
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 84,000 lessons
Explore our library of over 84,000 lessons
Search Courses & Lessons
Browse by Subject
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses