- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 101
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Phonology: Definition, Rules & Examples
This course can be found in: NMTA Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 20+ NMTA study guides, and 5,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryThe state of New Mexico has replaced the NMTA Essential Components of Elementary Reading Instruction exam with the NES Essential Components of Elementary Reading Instruction exam. Use the lessons and quizzes included in this study guide course to help you prepare to take this test.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
10 chapters in NMTA Essential Components of Elementary Reading Instruction (104): Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related NMTA Courses
About This Course
Our exam prep course can be utilized as you get ready to take the NES Essential Components of Elementary Reading Instruction exam. The NES exam has replaced the NMTA Essential Components of Elementary Reading Instruction test. The subjects covered on the test include phonological and phonemic awareness, learning to read with phonics, word analysis strategies and vocabulary development. After completing the lessons and the chapters, take the quizzes and tests provided to ensure you've understood the concepts. These materials are available to you around the clock on a mobile device or computer. Reviewing this course will expose you to the following topics:
- Phonemic and phonological awareness
- Concepts of the alphabet and print
- The use of phonics to learn to read
- Strategies for analyzing words
- Development of vocabulary
- Comprehending literary and expository texts
- Evaluating reading development
- Literacy theories
- Approaches to instruction
About the Exam
The NES Essential Components of Elementary Reading Instruction exam is an educator licensing exam used in the state of New Mexico. It's made up of 150 multiple-choice questions, and candidates who take the computer-generated test are given three hours to complete it. The questions you'll find cover the foundations of reading an alphabetic language, fluency development and word analysis, vocabulary and comprehension development, reading different types of text, the literate environment and the classroom reading professional.
NES Essential Components of Elementary Reading Instruction Exam Preparation & Registration
Our informative course was designed by professional instructors to help you tackle the topics found on the NES Essential Components of Elementary Reading Instruction test with ease. Work at your own pace as you review literacy theory and reading development in these lessons. Help from an instructor is available through the Dashboard if you have any lingering questions as you use this course to prepare.
The NES Essential Components of Elementary Reading Instruction test is given throughout the year by appointment at testing centers in New Mexico and nationwide. Registration for the test and payment of the required testing fees may be completed online, at which time a testing location and time may be selected. On exam day, test-takers are asked to arrive at the assigned location 15 minutes prior to the scheduled exam time with a valid government-issued photo identification card.
NES Essential Components of Elementary Reading Instruction is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Guided Reading Lesson Plans
- Online Elementary Curriculum and Instruction Certificate Programs
- M.Ed. in Reading Curriculum & Instruction: Degree Overview
- Elementary Reading Curriculum Degree Program Information
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- 7 Essential Components of a Company Everybody Wants to Work For
- California Elementary School Combines Reading Encouragement with Business Writing
- Study Shows Acting Can Help with Reading Comprehension
- Reading & Writing Tests
- Drawing Lessons and Instruction: Overview of Classes and Coursework
- HR Management Degrees Top Ranked Human Resource Management Programs - Tucson AZ
- Evansville IN City and Higher Education Facts
- Top Ranked International Business Degree Program - Nashville TN
- Top Ranked University for a Degree in Computer Drafting and Graphic Design - Henderson NV
- How to Become a Probation Officer
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses