- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 100
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Is Gifted Education? - History, Models & Issues
This course can be found in: NMTA Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 20+ NMTA study guides, and 5,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryExplore engaging lessons, quizzes and other study resources in this self-paced course to boost your knowledge of important concepts you could see on the NMTA Gifted Education exam. These resources are available 24/7 in a secure online environment and can improve your ability to pass the exam.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related NMTA Courses
About This Course
This entertaining course offers the tools and resources you need to succeed on the NMTA Gifted Education exam. Fun lessons offer comprehensive overviews of topics you could see on the exam, including the foundations of gifted education, instructional strategies for gifted students, and professionalism in gifted education. Multiple-choice quizzes accompanying the lessons can help you feel confident in your knowledge of gifted education. After completing this course, you will be ready to address topics on the exam that include the following:
- Development and characteristics of gifted students
- Factors that affect development in gifted students
- How to build a comprehensive gifted education program
- Ways to plan and differentiate gifted instruction
- How to foster the skills and growth of gifted students
- Strategies for designing gifted assessments
- Ways to interpret and use assessments for gifted students
- How to create a learning environment for gifted students
About the Exam
The NMTA Gifted Education exam is designed to help current and prospective educators secure the licensure needed to teach gifted students in New Mexico classrooms. The computer-based exam covers gifted education foundations, assessment, program planning, and basics of curriculum and instruction. It consists of 150 multiple-choice questions, and requires 3 hours for completion as well as a passing score of 220.
The test is offered all year on a first-come, first-served basis at testing sites in New Mexico and across the nation. Immediately after completing the exam, test-takers are provided with a scaled score. A detailed score report is released within two weeks of taking the exam.
Preparing & Registering for the NMTA Gifted Education Exam
This course's flexibility enables you to prepare for the exam in any manner that suits your personal schedule and study needs. Access any lessons you desire based on your current gifted education knowledge. Contact our subject-matter experts via the Dashboard if you want to ask questions. Enjoy access to short lesson quizzes, practice chapter exams and a final exam that are designed to quickly check your comprehension of gifted education and verify your readiness for the exam.
To register for the NMTA Gifted Education exam, you will need to access or create an online account. If you're creating an account, be prepared to provide your email address and other personal details. During the registration process, you will be able to select the date, time and location of the exam and also choose the institution to which you want your test scores sent. On the day of the exam, be sure to arrive 15 minutes early and bring current, government-issued identification printed in English. If you need to reschedule your exam, you must do so at least 24 hours prior to your scheduled testing time.
New Mexico Teacher Assessments (NMTA) is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- LPN NCLEX Exam Preparation Resources
- Bank Teller Exam Information, Resources and Exam Preparation Tips
- Are Online Courses Self-paced at Howard Community College?
- NMTA Test Preparation & Resources
- Online Resources for Getting Your GED
- What Are Some Online Resources for Researching Higher Education Schools?
- Self-Awareness Teaching Resources
- Get My GED: How to Pass the GED Exam
- Student Passes Calculus CLEP Exam After Using Study.com's Online Videos to Study for Just Five Days
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses