- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 165
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Literary Nonfiction Lesson Plan
Course SummaryThis course on nonfiction literature lesson plans and resources can be used as a tool to help you create or refresh your curriculum. These engaging literature resources include illustrated video and text lessons, as well as interactive learning tools and quizzes, all designed by experienced teachers.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
About This Course
This lesson plan course includes resources you can use to teach your students about nonfiction literature. Here you'll find plans and resources on teaching memoirs, nonfiction books, philosophical and literary essays, and nonfiction literature about Africa and African-Americans as well as Asia and Asian-Americans. They are available online, 24/7, so you can access them any time you are working on your literature curriculum.
How It Works
The lesson plans and resources that you'll find here are categorized in chapters by subject so you can access as little or as much of the information as you'd like with ease. Each lesson plan contains lesson plans and videos to teach these topics, as well as quizzes and tests to use when assessing the understanding of your students.
Here you'll find these helpful resources:
- Lesson plans that thoroughly cover teaching nonfiction literature
- Video lessons sure to interest students and enliven the classroom
- Lesson transcripts that make quick study guides for key vocabulary and concepts
- Assessment quizzes and tests you can use
- Additional resources to help you successfully teach nonfiction literature
How It Helps
- Meets standards: The lesson plans and resources in this course take the stress out of planning your nonfiction literature so you don't have to worry whether or not your curriculum meets educational requirements.
- Engages students: While the videos on nonfiction literature provided here to bring technology into the classroom, the additional resources here help you easily create your own games and activities to bring these topics to life.
- Covers various subjects: Our lesson plans cover a variety of nonfiction literature types, including memoirs, nonfiction books and literary and philosophical essays, all in one concise course.
Use this course to find lesson plans on the following:
- Teaching memoirs and nonfiction books
- Philosophical and literary essays
- Nonfiction literature on Asia and Asian-Americans
- Africa and African-Americans in nonfiction literature
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How Tech Can Help Teachers Create Engaging Lesson Plans
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- Lesson Plans for Teachers
- What Is Inquiry-Based Learning? | Definition & Resources for Teachers
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- Lesson Plan Design Courses and Classes Overview
- Social Emotional Learning SEL Resources for Teachers
- Digital Citizenship | Curriculum, Lessons and Lesson Plans
- Life Skills Resources for Teachers
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses