- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 58
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1How to Restate an Idea and Summarize
Course SummaryStudy for the Nurse Entrance Test (NET) with this convenient online test preparation course. These short lessons and quizzes help you practice all of the math and reading skills that you'll need to demonstrate on the exam.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
|Course Progress||Best Score|
|Flashcards - Test-Taking Strategies for Reading Comprehension|
|Flashcards - Understanding Numbers & Arithmetic|
About This Course
This course is designed to get you fully prepared for the Nurse Entrance Test (NET). You can complete this course at your own pace to improve reading comprehension skills, strengthen your math abilities and learn effective exam strategies. You can expect to review:
- Reading comprehension methods and test-taking strategies
- Arithmetic and numbers
- Percents and averages
- Probability and factoring
- Geometric figures
- Triangle properties
- Area, volume and perimeter
- Coordinate geometry
About the Exam
This exam is designed to assess multiple areas of academic knowledge and skills that aspiring nurses should have prior to attending nursing school. You can expect to be tested on reading, writing, critical-thinking and math concepts. The exam contains 91 multiple-choice questions.
Nurse Entrance Test (NET) Preparation & Registration
This course can be accessed at any time that fits your schedule, and you can study on any device that has an Internet connection. Each lesson is taught by an expert instructor who uses an engaging and simplified teaching style. Our lessons also come with self-assessment quizzes to help you reinforce your understanding of the material and practice answering the types of questions you'll encounter on the test. You can revisit these lessons as many times as needed, and we encourage you to take the included chapter exams and final course assessment. Finally, if you have any questions about these concepts, you can submit them to our instructors online.
Be sure to check with the nursing school that you're applying to for specific exam registration instructions.
The Nurse Entrance Test (NET) exam is a registered trademark of Kaplan, Inc. which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- GED Practice Test Online with Example GED Practice Test Questions
- GED Books and Study Materials for Test Preparation
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- Courses Needed to Be a Registered Nurse
- Flashcards - ASSET Reading Skills Test: Test Strategies
- Flashcards - ASSET Reading Skills Test: Fiction
- Math Quizzes
- The Compass Test: What You Need to Know
- EFI: English for Internet Online Practice Tests
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses