- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 146
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Personal Protective Equipment: Definition & Examples
Course SummaryIn this online nursing course, you'll find a collection of simple and expertly taught lessons on the basics of nursing hygiene. The course can help you improve your nursing hygiene skills, study for nursing exams or simply learn about essential concepts in nursing hygiene training.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Lessons included in this course can help enhance your understanding of nursing hygiene. Begin by exploring the basics, like the the different types of contamination and proper sterilization procedures. The move on to more advanced topics such as parenteral nutrition and treating HIV. The instructors in this course have put together this course filled with resources that are designed to help you retain information in an efficient and effective manner. You'll find video lessons, transcripts, brief quizzes and even a final exam.
There are many people who could benefit from the chapters in this course.
- Nursing professionals who need to brush up on nursing hygiene can benefit from this course because it allows them to refine their skills or possibly even be used towards continuing education credit.
- Nursing students can use this course to help prepare for a big test or improve their grades in nursing school.
- Teachers can use this course to develop lesson plans or assign the lessons and quizzes to students for classwork or homework.
- Casual learners can benefit from these informative lessons as a means of getting up-to-date on key health and hygiene concerns.
- Equipment that is used to protect nurses and patients
- How to create a sterile environment to lower risk of infection and spread of disease
- Types of blood borne pathogens and how they are spread
- Different types of contamination such as biological, chemical and air contamination
- How to properly dispose of hazardous waste
- Parenteral nutrition
- Ways to treat HIV in patients
- Canker sore causes and treatment
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Online Palliative Nursing Courses
- Nursing Administration Training Programs and Courses
- Online Emergency Nursing Course Information
- Online Practical Nursing Courses and Classes
- Online Nursing Home Administration Courses and Classes
- Online Graduate Courses in Nursing Education
- Online Certified Nursing Courses Overview
- Overview of Oncology Nursing Courses
- Overview of Pediatric Nursing Courses
- How to Get Into Nursing School?
- Do You Need a Bachelors Degree To Be a Wedding Coordinator
- Warwick, Rhode Island (RI) Colleges
- Become a Certified Workers Compensation Professional Career Roadmap
- Clothing Design: Adult Education Programs for Designing Apparel and Clothes
- Online CAT Scan Technology Schools and Colleges How to Choose
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts