- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 114
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Descriptive Modeling in Mathematics
Course SummaryGet ready for the NY Regents Examination in Algebra II with this convenient study resource. This comprehensive online test prep course contains lessons and quizzes that help you review the topics and types of questions you can expect to see on the test.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
You can quickly and efficiently prepare for the New York Regents Examination in Algebra II with this engaging and comprehensive test preparation resource. Using bite-sized lessons and illustrative examples, you'll be able to learn and review all the algebra concepts, definitions and formulas that are found on the Regents exam. This test prep guide goes over several important algebra topics, including:
- Understanding mathematical expressions and reasoning
- Identifying complex numbers and polynomials
- Knowing the properties of exponents
- Working with equations, formulas and expressions
- Describing polynomial, radical and rational relationships
- Building, interpreting, graphing and analyzing algebraic and trigonometric functions
- Summarizing data with regards to variables
- Interpreting statistical studies and models
- Recognizing conditional probability and independence
About the Exam
Adhering to New York Common Core standards, the Regents Examination in Algebra II tests high school students' competency in four main areas of mathematics, including number and quantity, statistics and probability, algebra and functions. Students answer multiple-choice and constructed-response questions and have a total of three hours to complete the 37-question exam. An approved graphing calculator and straightedge (ruler) is provided by the school.
Regents Examination in Algebra II (Common Core) Preparation & Registration
You can refresh your memory of advanced high school algebra concepts with these short and to-the-point math lessons. To help you prepare for the types of questions you'll encounter on the test, we've included practice quizzes and chapter exams you can take after studying. Lesson transcripts can be printed to help you memorize important math definitions and formulas.
The Regents Examination in Algebra II is offered a number of times per year and is available to current high school students in the state of New York. Exact test dates can be found on the New York State Education Department website and students are instructed to verify their desired test date and time with their high schools.
New York Regents Examinations are registered trademarks of the New York State Education Department (NYSED), which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Test Prep
- Online Test Prep Options for the GED Test
- List of Free Online Algebra Courses and Lessons
- OAE Test Preparation & Resources
- HESI Test Preparation & Resources
- MTEL Test Preparation & Resources
- VCLA Test Preparation & Resources
- TASC Test Preparation & Resources
- MTLE Test Preparation & Resources
- AP Test Preparation & Resources
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses