- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 132
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1The Metric System: Units and Conversion
Course SummaryLet us help you prepare for the NY Regents Chemistry exam with our engaging review course. These short video lessons work as a comprehensive, flexible study guide you can access on any mobile device.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's it for?
Anyone who needs help understanding high school chemistry material for the NY Regents Exam will benefit from taking this course. You will be able to grasp the subject matter faster, retain critical knowledge longer and earn better grades. You're in the right place if you:
- Have fallen behind in understanding the periodic table, chemical bonding, stoichiometry, phase changes, solution chemistry, kinetic molecular theory or any other chemistry topic found on the NY Regents Exam.
- Need an efficient way to prepare for the NY Regents Chemistry Exam.
- Learn best with engaging auditory and visual tools.
- Struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD.
- Experience difficulty understanding your teachers.
- Missed class time and need to catch up.
- Can't access extra science learning resources at school.
How it works:
- Start at the beginning, or identify the topics that you need help with.
- Watch and learn from fun videos, reviewing as needed.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Confirm your understanding through lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
- Submit questions to one of our instructors for personalized support if you need extra help.
Why it works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the NY Regents Chemistry final exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any relevant question. They're here to help!
- Study with Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
In this course, you'll learn the answers to questions including:
- What kinds of lab equipment and measurements are used in chemistry?
- What do atomic numbers and mass numbers reveal about atoms and elements?
- How is the periodic table organized?
- How do you balance nuclear equations and calculate half life?
- What are the different types of chemical bonds?
- What are the distinguishing properties of gases, liquids and solids?
- How does the rate of dissolution work?
- How is stoichiometry used to measure the substances found in chemical reactions?
- What distinguishes acids from bases?
- What is the RICE table, and how is it used to perform equilibrium calculations?
- How does temperature affect the rate of chemical reactions?
- How do the different types of proteins compare to each other?
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- How Online Courses Work Video
- University of Cornell in Ithaca, NY Video Review
- Short Medical Courses in NY with School Information
- How Tech Can Help Teachers Create Engaging Lesson Plans
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- How Video Games Help Children with ADHD Study & Have Fun
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses