- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 119
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1The Metric System: Units and Conversion
Course SummaryUse this fun tutoring course to study for the NY Regents Chemistry exam. Test how well you know the important topics you'll see on the exam by taking our brief quizzes, and watch our video lessons for a quick and easy refresher of key chemistry topics.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
How it works:
- Begin your NY Regents exam review.
- Identify the concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find the video tutorials on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Test your understanding with quizzes and practice exams.
Who's it for?
This tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn chemistry material to earn passing scores on the NY Regents exam. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding the metric system, early atomic theories, stoichiometry, kinetics or any other high school chemistry topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their science learning
- Prefer learning science visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing chemistry
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in their chemistry review for the NY Regents exam
- Don't have access to NY Regents exam prep materials
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make reviewing chemistry for the NY Regents exam simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For about 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live chemistry tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn chemistry on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Learn how to use the metric system.
- Perform unit conversions and dimensional analysis.
- Discover uses for chemistry laboratory equipment.
- Explore the physical and chemical properties of matter.
- Define atomic mass and number.
- Learn about early atomic theory.
- Identify several methods of separating mixtures.
- Discuss aspects of nuclear chemistry, chemical bonding and stoichiometry.
- Study chemical reactions and equilibrium.
- Get information about kinetics and organic chemistry.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Taking the GRE? Try These 6 Study Tips & Tricks For the Exam
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- MOUS Test and Exam Information
- Chemistry Courses and Classes Overview
- Financial Management MBA: Courses & Topics
- Social Studies Essay Topics for Teachers
- Are College Midterms As Important As Final Exams?
- Advantages of Taking an Online Course Video
- Compass Exams
- Refresher Courses for First Responders
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses