- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 118
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Earth Science?
Course SummaryGet the help you need to prepare for the NY Regents Earth Science Exam with the video lessons and quizzes in this fun review course. Our professionally-designed learning tools build your confidence in all the topics you could find on the exam so you can get the best score possible.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's it for?
Anyone who needs help understanding high school earth science material for the NY Regents Exam will benefit from taking this course. You will be able to grasp the subject matter faster, retain critical knowledge longer and earn better grades. You're in the right place if you:
- Have fallen behind in understanding the hydrologic or rock cycles, plate tectonics, atmospheric structure, geologic mapping or any other earth science topic found on the NY Regents Exam.
- Need an efficient way to prepare for the NY Regents Earth Science Exam.
- Learn best with engaging auditory and visual tools.
- Struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD.
- Experience difficulty understanding your teachers.
- Missed class time and need to catch up.
- Can't access extra science learning resources at school.
How it works:
- Start at the beginning, or identify the topics that you need help with.
- Watch and learn from fun videos, reviewing as needed.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Confirm your understanding through lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
- Submit questions to one of our instructors for personalized support if you need extra help.
Why it works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the NY Regents Earth Science final exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any relevant question. They're here to help!
- Study with Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
In this course, you'll learn the answers to questions including:
- What are some of the basic concepts used in the study of earth science?
- How are the inside of the Earth and its spheres structured?
- What major tectonic plates are found in the Earth's lithosphere?
- How do minerals differ from rocks in terms of composition and structure?
- How do igneous rocks form, and what are some of their properties?
- What makes volcanoes erupt?
- How do erosion and different types of weathering affect the Earth?
- What is the definition of a glacier?
- What are the major components of the atmosphere?
- Why is climate different from weather?
- How is the Richter Scale used to measure the strength of earthquakes?
- How do ground and surface waters change the surface of the Earth?
- What key features are associated with Earth's major eras?
- What are the different types of telescopes used in the study of astronomy?
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- How Can Parents Help Their Students Prepare for a College Readiness or AP Exam?
- University of Cornell in Ithaca, NY Video Review
- How Video Games Help Children with ADHD Study & Have Fun
- Compass Exams
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- Financial Examiner Course and Class Reviews
- Why Even Smart Students Still Need to Study for an Open-Book Exam
- See Spot Read: Helping Children Build Confidence in Their Reading Skills
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses