- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 107
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Earth Science?
Course SummaryOur flexible tutoring course offers learning tools to help you get the best score you can on the NY Regents Earth Science exam. Take the quizzes to help you gauge your understanding of the topics that could be on the exam, and then review the video lessons that correspond to the topics that need more study.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
How it works:
- Begin your exam review, assignment or other NY Regents Exam earth science work.
- Identify the concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find the video tutorials on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Test your understanding with quizzes and practice exams.
Who's it for?
This tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn earth science material and earn better grades. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding the scientific method, the periodic table, science vocabulary and concepts, experimental design in science, or any other earth science topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their earth science learning
- Prefer learning earth science visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing earth science
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in earth science
- Don't have access to their earth science teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning earth science simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For about 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live earth science tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn earth science on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Review earth science basics.
- Study the earth's spheres and internal structure.
- Explore plate tectonics.
- Learn about minerals and rocks.
- Develop your knowledge of weathering and erosion.
- Review astronomy and space exploration.
- Study the earth's history.
- Explore major components of the earth's atmosphere.
- Learn about surface processes and geologic mapping.
- Further your understanding of weather and storms.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- What to Do When Your Study Group Isn't Helping You Succeed on Exams
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- How Video Games Help Children with ADHD Study & Have Fun
- How Can Parents Help Their Students Prepare for a College Readiness or AP Exam?
- Why Even Smart Students Still Need to Study for an Open-Book Exam
- Financial Management MBA: Courses & Topics
- Social Studies Essay Topics for Teachers
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- University of Cornell in Ithaca, NY Video Review
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses