- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 209
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Introduction to Organic Molecules I: Functional Groups
Course SummaryRefresh your understanding of the topics you'll find on the NY Regents Living Environment exam, including cell biology, organic chemistry and human genetics, with this fun review course. Build confidence for the exam by with our practice quizzes and tests, and contact instructors if you have any questions about the material.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's it for?
Anyone who needs help understanding high school living environment material for the NY Regents Exam will benefit from taking this course. You will be able to grasp the subject matter faster, retain critical knowledge longer and earn better grades. You're in the right place if you:
- Have fallen behind in understanding organic chemistry, cell biology, DNA replication, metabolic biochemistry, human genetics or any other living environment topic found on the NY Regents Exam.
- Need an efficient way to prepare for the NY Regents Living Environment Exam.
- Learn best with engaging auditory and visual tools.
- Struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD.
- Experience difficulty understanding your teachers.
- Missed class time and need to catch up.
- Can't access extra science learning resources at school.
How it works:
- Start at the beginning, or identify the topics that you need help with.
- Watch and learn from fun videos, reviewing as needed.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Confirm your understanding through lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
- Submit questions to one of our instructors for personalized support if you need extra help.
Why it works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the NY Regents Living Environment final exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any relevant question. They're here to help!
- Study with Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
In this course, you'll learn the answers to questions including:
- What are organic molecules, and how are they categorized?
- How do the nucleic acids, DNA and RNA, differ from each other?
- Why are enzymes important to cellular processes?
- What are the parts of cells and their functions?
- What steps occur during the DNA replication process?
- How do cells use transcription and translation to copy and read gene sequences?
- How do genetic mutations develop?
- What occurs during photosynthesis?
- How does asexual differ from sexual reproduction in cells?
- What basic concepts are associated with heredity and human genetics?
- What lab techniques are used in the study of molecular biology?
- How do natural adaptation and selection occur?
- How do the different human body systems work?
- What are some major ecological habitats and relationships?
- How do animals grow and reproduce?
- How do human beings affect their environments?
- What are the steps involved in using the scientific method?
- How do scientists design and interpret the results of experiments?
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- List of Free Online Organic Chemistry Courses & Learning Materials
- MOUS Test and Exam Information
- Online Organic Chemistry Course Overviews
- Organic Chemistry Courses and Classes Overview
- Compass Exams
- EMT Test and Exam Information with Tips
- Financial Examiner Course and Class Reviews
- GED Practice Test Online with Example GED Practice Test Questions
- Online Molecular Biology Course and Class Reviews
- Measured Progress Exams
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses