- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 126
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Problem solving using Linear Equations
Course SummaryWe make studying for the the NY Regents Physics exam easy with this helpful review course. Short video lessons present the topics that you'll be tested on come exam day, and our quizzes and tests help you identify on the topics that need more work so you can ace the exam.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's it for?
Anyone who needs help understanding high school physics material for the NY Regents Exam will benefit from taking this course. You will be able to grasp the subject matter faster, retain critical knowledge longer and earn better grades. You're in the right place if you:
- Have fallen behind in understanding kinematics, thermodynamics, linear momentum, rotational motion, magnetism, electricity, wave mechanics or any other physics topic found on the NY Regents Exam.
- Need an efficient way to prepare for the NY Regents Physics Exam.
- Learn best with engaging auditory and visual tools.
- Struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD.
- Experience difficulty understanding your teachers.
- Missed class time and need to catch up.
- Can't access extra science learning resources at school.
How it works:
- Start at the beginning, or identify the topics that you need help with.
- Watch and learn from fun videos, reviewing as needed.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Confirm your understanding through lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
- Submit questions to one of our instructors for personalized support if you need extra help.
Why it works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the NY Regents Physics final exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any relevant question. They're here to help!
- Study with Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
In this course, you'll learn the answers to questions including:
- How are metric system measurements, the Pythagorean Theorem and trigonometry used in physics?
- How do Newton's three laws of motion explain force-related effects and relationships?
- What is the definition of energy?
- What are the guiding principles behind the first and second laws of thermodynamics?
- How do waves transfer energy from one location to another?
- Why are pitch and volume important to sound waves?
- What are the origins and unique features of colors and light?
- How does Ohm's Law explain the relationships found among current, resistance and voltage?
- How are atoms structured?
- What are the four quantum numbers?
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- MOUS Test and Exam Information
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- EMT Test and Exam Information with Tips
- Compass Exams
- Why Even Smart Students Still Need to Study for an Open-Book Exam
- Microsoft Office Specialist Exams and Test Prep Information
- CNA Certification Test: A Detailed Look at the CNA Exam
- Social Work Licensing Exam Requirements
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- GED Test Online: Overview of Online GED Programs and Exam Options
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses