- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 182
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1North American Exploration & Failed Colonies of France & England
Course SummaryCatch up on the topics you'll be tested on when you take the NY Regents US History and Government exam with our easy-to-use tutoring course. Measure your understanding of these subjects by taking our quizzes and practice tests, and contact one of our professional instructors if you need more assistance.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
14 chapters in NY Regents Exam - US History and Government: Tutoring Solution
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
How it works:
- Begin your exam review, assignment or other NY Regents Exam US history and government work.
- Identify the concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find the video tutorials on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Test your understanding with quizzes and practice exams.
Who's it for?
This tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn US history and government material and earn passing scores on the NY Regents Exam. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding the colonial period, American Revolution, Virginia dynasty, Civil War, Progressive era, Great Depression, Cold War or any other NY Regents Exam US history and government topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their exam review
- Prefer learning history visually
- Find themselves in peril of failing their NY Regents US History and Government Exam
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in their US history and government NY Regents review
- Don't have access to their history teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning NY Regents Exam US history and government simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For about 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live history tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Review for the NY Regents US History and Government Exam on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Learn about the colonial period and the road to revolution.
- Discuss the American Revolution.
- Examine the U.S. government between 1776 and 1800.
- Take a look at the Virginia dynasty and Jacksonian democracy.
- Learn about westward expansion and Manifest Destiny.
- Describe the events leading up to the Civil War.
- Discuss the American Civil War and Reconstruction.
- Take a look at industrialization and urbanization.
- Learn about the Progressive Era and American imperialism.
- Understand what the 1920s were like in America.
- Examine the Great Depression and World War II.
- Discuss the Cold War and American activism.
- Learn about 1970s America.
- Examine events in America from the 1980s to today.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- GED Practice Test: Easy Ways to Practice the GED Test
- Why You Should Take a Practice Test Before You Start Your Test Prep
- MOUS Test and Exam Information
- NY GED Test Information and Requirements
- Why Take Online Professional Development Courses?
- Online Courses for Make-Up Professionals
- Taking Harder Tests Makes You Smarter
- The Compass Test: What You Need to Know
- EMT Test and Exam Information with Tips
- Standardized Field Sobriety Testing Instructor: Career Info & Requirements
- Telecommunications Specialist Job Description and Requirements for Becoming a Telecommunications Specialist
- Plant Manager Job Description and Education Requirements
- Property Damage Inspector Job Description and Requirements
- Residential Counselor Jobs Career Options and Requirements
- Pet Grooming Training
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses