- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 82
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1How to Use Context to Determine the Meaning of Words
This course can be found in: NYSTCE Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 20+ NYSTCE study guides, and 4,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryReview the short lessons in this course to make sure you're prepared for the NYSTCE ATAS exam in New York State. Lessons cover the math, reading, writing and instructional support topics you could see on the test, and we've included self-assessments to help you retain the information you study.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related NYSTCE Courses
About This Course
As you study for the NYSTCE ATAS exam, this course provides you with a comprehensive review of exam topics. Your test preparations will be simplified by exploring a wide variety of reading, writing, mathematics and instructional support concepts. Examine fun video and text lessons and utilize short lesson quizzes to feel prepared for questions on the day of the exam. Feel free to access these lessons on any mobile device or computer any time 24 hours a day.
Check out our NYSTCE test prep materials! We've got NYSTCE courses to teach you the material, comprehensive NYSTCE study guides to help you study, NYSTCE practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational NYSTCE resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
All the information you'll need to know to do well on the NYSTCE ATAS exam is included in this informative test prep course. Just a few of the subjects covered here include interpreting word meaning, using the correct verb tense and different types of pronouns and uses of modifiers. Once you've completed this course, you should be able to do the following:
- Outline ways to interpret textual and graphic information
- Explain how to correctly structure and punctuate sentences
- Identify the rules of capitalization and spelling
- Discuss the basics of whole numbers, decimals, standard units, fractions and percentages
- Describe the types of instructional support available for teachers and assistants
In this test prep course, we've included ten chapters and 76 lessons on the subjects that will be tested on the exam. Along with each lesson and chapter, we've also included a short self-assessment lesson or chapter.
NYSTCE ATAS Exam Information
In New York State, candidates interested in acquiring a Level I, Level II, Level III or Pre-Professional teaching assistant certificate must take the Assessment of Teaching Assistant Skills (ATAS) exam. Available year-round by appointment, this computer-based test (CBT) examines candidates' reading, writing, math and instructional support knowledge.
- Number of Questions: 100 questions
- Question Type: Selected-response questions
- Time Limit: Three hours
- Exam Cost: $71
NYSTCE ATAS Exam Breakdown
|NYSTCE ATAS Exam Concept||Percent of the NYSTCE ATAS Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Number of Lessons|
|Instructional Support||19%||19 questions||8|
Preparing & Registering for the NYSTCE Assessment of Teaching Assistant Skills (ATAS)
Enjoy the many benefits this course has to offer as you prepare to take the NYSTCE ATAS exam. Brush up on your knowledge of to how construct meaning using context clues, read and interpret line graphs, round whole numbers, convert units in the metric system, assess student progress and so much more. The lessons are fun to review and easy to navigate. Access them from any computer, smartphone or tablet to study course materials when your schedule permits. Take lesson quizzes, chapter exams and a comprehensive course exam that cover test topics and are formatted similarly to its selected-response questions. If you hit a snag and need additional details about concepts covered in this course, be sure to send them to our experts.
In order to register for this CBT exam, you must create an online account (be prepared to share some personal and payment information). After creating the account, you can choose your test site and date along with the educational institutions you would like to receive your scores. On the day of the exam, it is recommended that you arrive 30 minutes early with a current, government-issued ID printed in English. Late arrival could result in having your admission denied and losing your refund. If you know you will need to reschedule the exam, do so at least 24 hours prior to your scheduled test time.
New York State Teacher Certification Examinations is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Should I Major in Creative Writing? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- EMT Courses in New York with School Information
- Psychology Courses in New York with University Information
- Should I Major in Math? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Be a Math Teacher? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Reading & Writing Tests
- Should I Become a State Trooper? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Writing Classes in New York with Course and Degree Program Info
- Sewing Classes and Lessons in New Jersey with School Information
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses