- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 132
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Teaching Vocabulary in Context
This course can be found in: NYSTCE Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 20+ NYSTCE study guides, and 4,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryGet ready to take the NYSTCE Communication & Quantitative Skills test by reviewing the short lessons in this engaging study guide course. Our video and text lessons cover all the topics you'll find on the exam so you can prepare fully and feel confident on test day.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
14 chapters in NYSTCE Communication & Quantitative Skills Test (080): Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related NYSTCE Courses
About This Course
Use this test prep course to get ready for the NYSTCE Communication & Quantitative Skills test at your convenience. Our mobile-friendly and self-paced lessons cover topics assessed on the exam, such as decimals and fractions, interpreting textual information, sentence structure and punctuation. You can review these lessons as many times as needed to ensure you fully grasp this information, and our experts are available to answer any questions you might have.
Check out our NYSTCE test prep materials! We've got NYSTCE courses to teach you the material, comprehensive NYSTCE study guides to help you study, NYSTCE practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational NYSTCE resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
The lessons in this study guide course are easy to use and can help you quickly review sentence structure, vocabulary and math-related concepts. Not only will you be able to expand your knowledge of topics that will be addressed on the exam, you can also develop your reading and math skills. Once you finish this course, you should be able to complete these objectives:
- Discuss reading passages
- Interpret graphic and textual information
- Explain correct sentence structure
- Use modifiers, verbs and pronouns correctly
- Outline place value and rounding numbers
- Work with fractions, decimals and percents
This course is made up of 13 chapters divided into 125 short lessons designed to help you prepare for the NYSTCE Communication & Quantitative Skills test. Use the lesson quizzes and chapter tests to assess yourself as you move through the course.
NYSTCE Communication & Quantitative Skills Test Exam Information
The NYSTCE Communication & Quantitative Skills test assesses your knowledge and skills relating to communication and math and is a requirement for some types of teacher certification in New York. The exam is organized into three subareas: reading, writing and mathematics.
- Number of Questions: 100 questions
- Question Type: Selected-response questions
- Time Limit: 4 hours
- Exam Cost: $107
NYSTCE Communication & Quantitative Skills Test Exam Breakdown
|NYSTCE Communication & Quantitative Skills Test Exam Concept||Percent of the NYSTCE Communication & Quantitative Skills Test Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Lessons|
NYSTCE Communication & Quantitative Skills Test Preparation & Registration
With the lessons in this study guide, you can become better prepared for the various content areas found on the NYSTCE CQST. After completing the course, you'll have a better understanding of how to interpret different types of information, as well as improved grammar and writing skills. You'll also brush up on number concepts and working with percents. The video lessons come with a convenient timeline that makes navigating through them quick and easy. Once you have completed each lesson, you can see how much information you've retained by using our self-assessment quizzes.
Registration for this exam can be completed online, and it is done by appointment year-round. You will need to provide personal information and select an exam date. You can determine where your scores will be sent upon registration, and you will receive a confirmation email after selecting a test date. On exam day, you will need to have photo identification and your test ticket or confirmation email number.
New York State Teacher Certification Communication & Quantitative Skills Test (CQST) is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- More Than Half of SAT Test-Takers Not Ready for College
- List of Free Online Chinese Language Courses and Video Lessons
- NYSTCE Test Preparation & Resources
- List of Free Guitar Courses and Lessons
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- How to Study for AP Tests
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses