- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 388
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Language Acquisition: Definition, Theories & Stages
This course can be found in: NYSTCE Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 20+ NYSTCE study guides, and 4,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryUse the lessons in this course to make sure you're ready for the NYSTCE Multi-Subject - Secondary Teachers exam. The course provides a comprehensive review of the exam's subject matter, and we encourage you to take the accompanying quizzes to make sure you fully understand the information.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
42 chapters in NYSTCE CST Multi-Subject - Secondary Teachers (241/242/245): Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related NYSTCE Courses
About This Course
The NYSTCE Multi-Subject - Secondary Teachers exam covers a wide variety of subject areas. Lessons in this course can help you prepare for the exam by providing a comprehensive overview of English language arts, algebra, geometry, science, geography, health education and teacher career development. The lessons come with short quizzes you can take to assess your understanding. If you have questions as you work through this course, you can send them to one of our experts through the Dashboard.
Check out our NYSTCE test prep materials! We've got NYSTCE courses to teach you the material, comprehensive NYSTCE study guides to help you study, NYSTCE practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational NYSTCE resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
This comprehensive course covers all of the subjects that you need to know to do well on the NYSTCE Multi-Subject - Secondary Teacher exam. These include writing instruction techniques, the basics of algebra, STEM connections and much more. Upon completion of this course, you will be ready to achieve these goals:
- Outline language, language structures and literacy development
- Identify New York Common Core learning standards
- Detail basic and advanced geometry, data, statistics, and math instruction
- Describe engineering tools and design
- Explain key history events and concepts, including New York history, geography, civics, American government, and social studies
- Share information about health and safety, physical education, and family and child development
This course is made up of 41 chapters, which are divided into 360 lessons that outline these concepts in an easy-to-follow and approachable way. Each lesson is accompanied by a self-assessment quiz, and you'll also find a more comprehensive multiple-choice test at the end of each chapter.
NYSTCE CST Multi-Subject - Secondary Teachers Exam Information
Teaching candidates in New York State are required to take the New York State Teacher Certification Examinations (NYSTCE) Multi-Subject - Secondary Teachers exam as part of the licensure process to teach students across multiple subjects in grades 7-12. The computer-based exam is broken into three parts: Literacy and English Language Arts, Mathematics, and Arts and Sciences.
- Number of Questions: 122
- Question Type: 120 selected-response and two constructed-response questions (40 selected-response questions in each part and and one constructed-response question in parts one and two)
- Time Limit: Five hours and 30 minutes
- Exam Cost: $179 for all three parts
Preparing & Registering for the NYSTCE Multi-Subject - Secondary Teachers Exam
Prepare to take the NYSTCE Multi-Subject - Secondary Teachers exam by tailoring the lessons and resources in this course to your personal schedule and study needs. Review the lessons any time, and access them from any computer, smartphone or tablet. Ensure you have a well-rounded understanding of literature, basic and advanced math, economics, science, engineering, civics, theatre, consumer economics and other concepts. Then, assess your knowledge by taking lesson quizzes, chapter exams and a comprehensive course exam, all of which feature questions formatted similarly to some you'll see on the day of the test. If you need additional details about any lesson topic, don't hesitate to submit your questions to our experts.
Registering for the exam can be managed online. If you don't already have one, create an online account on the NYSTCE website and be prepared to provide some personal details and payment information. Afterward, you can choose the site at which you will take the exam and also provide the educational institutions to which you want your scores sent. On the day of the test, be sure to bring a government-issued ID printed in English and arrive at least 30 minutes early. If you arrive more than 15 minutes late, you could be denied admission and lose your refund. To avoid this issue, be sure to arrive when required or reschedule at least 24 hours prior to your scheduled test time.
New York State Teacher Certification Examinations is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- New Teachers: How to Make Sure Teaching Doesn't Take Over Your Life During Your First Year
- Teachers: How to Make Sure Work Doesn't Take Over Your Winter Break
- Make-Up Courses in CT with School Information
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- CNA Courses with Comprehensive Course Descriptions
- Make-Up Artist Degree Programs with Course Information
- Miami Make Up Schools with Class and Course Information
- Special Effects Make-Up Training Programs and Course Information
- Online Courses for Make-Up Professionals
- NH Teacher Certification Programs with Course Information