- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 117
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What are the NYSTCE Exams?
This course can be found in: NYSTCE Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 20+ NYSTCE study guides, and 4,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryGet ready for the NYSTCE Educating All Students (EAS) exam with this convenient test preparation course. The course covers the five main categories on the exam, and you'll have the opportunity to practice answering the types of questions that appear on the exam.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
13 chapters in NYSTCE EAS - Educating All Students (201): Study Guide & Test Prep
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related NYSTCE Courses
About This Course
Use our informative study materials to prepare for the NYSTCE Educating All Students (EAS) exam. Our chapters are packed with informative lessons, letting you brush up on the most important details you need to review before the exam. These include self-paced lessons on teaching diverse populations, the roles and responsibilities of teachers and teaching gifted students. We offer help from our experts through the Dashboard if you need it.
Check out our NYSTCE test prep materials! We've got NYSTCE courses to teach you the material, comprehensive NYSTCE study guides to help you study, NYSTCE practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational NYSTCE resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
All of the topics you'll need to know to do well on the exam are covered in this helpful test prep course. Here you'll study concepts including learning theory, student needs and encouraging student engagement. Once you've completed this course, you will understand how to:
- Educate diverse populations and English language learners (ELL)
- Identify special needs and adapt lesson plans
- Outline social, ethical, and legal concerns with special education
- Work with gifted students
- Explain the responsibilities and roles of teachers
- Develop the relationship between school and home
We've put together 12 chapters made up of 103 lessons here to help you get ready for the NYSTCE Educating All Students (EAS) exam. In addition to these lessons, you'll also find self-assessment lessons and quizzes here that help you keep tabs on your knowledge and test readiness.
NYSTCE Educating All Students (EAS) Exam Information
The NYSTCE EAS exam has been designed for New York educators who are pursuing state certification for the first time, although some other educators may also be required to take this exam.
- Number of Questions: 43 questions
- Question Type: 40 selected-response questions and three constructed-response questions
- Time Limit: Two hours and 15 minutes
- Exam Cost: $92
NYSTCE Educating All Students (EAS) Exam Breakdown
|NYSTCE Educating All Students (EAS) Exam Concept||Percent of the Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Number of Lessons|
|Diverse Student Populations||28%||12 questions||49|
|English Language Learners||28%||12 questions||15|
|Students with Disabilities & Other Special Learning Needs||28%||11 questions||40|
|Teacher Responsibilities||8%||5 questions||8|
|School-Home Relationships||8%||5 questions||6|
Preparing & Registering for the NYSTCE Educating All Students (EAS) Exam
One of the best ways to use our materials to prepare for the NYSTCE EAS exam includes first determining your current knowledge base. You can do so by answering the questions to our chapter exams. These exams use multiple-choice style questions, and the results are available right away. As you answer the questions, you begin to identify the areas you know well from the areas you need to review. The answer key shows you which lesson to review for individual topics. After you complete the exams, you should have a study plan for which chapters or specific lessons you will need to go over more closely.
Registering for the exam occurs completely online through the NYSTCE registration portal. Seating for each test date is limited, but you can view the available test dates before you register to see which dates still have available seats. When you register online, you need to provide some personal information, as well as pay any necessary fees. It is recommended to register early to guarantee your spot. You must register for the exam at least three days beforehand.
New York State Teacher Certification Examinations (NYSTCE) Educating All Students (EAS) is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- College Student Uses Free Courses and the CLEP Exam to Earn Low-Cost Credits
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- Compass Exams
- MOUS Test and Exam Information
- LPN NCLEX Exam Preparation Resources
- Bank Teller Exam Information, Resources and Exam Preparation Tips
- GED Practice Test Online with Example GED Practice Test Questions
- GED Algebra Exam: Training and Preparation Information
- EMT Test and Exam Information with Tips
- Measured Progress Exams
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses