- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 386
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1How to Solve Complex Fractions
This course can be found in: NYSTCE Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 20+ NYSTCE study guides, and 4,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryLet us help you review geometry, calculus and algebra in preparation for the NYSTCE Mathematics exam with the help of this informative course. Our video and text lessons can be accessed 24 hours a day to prepare for the exam on your schedule.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related NYSTCE Courses
About This Course
Dive into the world of math and boost your confidence as you prepare to take the NYSTCE Mathematics assessment in New York State. This video course is designed to help you explore all of the math concepts you will see on the day of the test. Engaging video lessons, presented by subject-matter experts, give you in-depth looks at the math topics you will find in each test competency. Self-assessment quizzes, chapter exams and a final exam are also available to gauge your comprehension of these topics.
Check out our NYSTCE test prep materials! We've got NYSTCE courses to teach you the material, comprehensive NYSTCE study guides to help you study, NYSTCE practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational NYSTCE resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
All of the subjects you'll need to know on exam day are covered here in this comprehensive study guide course. Just a few of the subjects covered include linear equations, calculus and principles of measurement. After completing this course, you will have the knowledge needed to complete these goals:
- Understand logic and reasoning, fractions, decimals, complex numbers and real numbers
- Describe algebraic operations, exponents, patterns, functions and algebraic expressions
- Outline quadratic and polynomial functions, exponential, rational and radical expressions
- Discuss trigonometry, calculus concepts, calculus applications
- Explain geometric construction and shapes, geometric solids and coordinate geometry
- Identify sequences and series, probability, data analysis and statistics, sampling and discrete math
In this course, 42 chapters grouped by topic outline these concepts in 420 bite-sized lessons. We've also included lesson quizzes and chapter tests for quick and effective self assessment.
NYSTCE Mathematics Exam Information
Educators take the New York State Teacher Certification Examinations (NYSTCE) Mathematics assessment to secure the licensure needed to teach math in classrooms throughout the state. The content-specialty test is divided into seven competencies and is available year-round, Monday through Saturday (except holidays) in New York State and nationwide.
- Number of Questions: 91 questions
- Question Type: 90 selected-response questions and one constructed-response question
- Time Limit: Three hours and 25 minutes
- Exam Cost: $134
Preparing & Registering for the NYSTCE Mathematics Assessment
The lessons in this course are designed to get you up to speed with the math topics you will face on exam day. All of the video lessons are highly entertaining, making the process of studying for the exam both fun and effective. Review these lessons at your own pace to get reacquainted with number and quantity, algebra, functions, calculus, geometry and measurement, statistics and probability and more. At any time, you can access short self-assessment quizzes designed to test your readiness to answer questions on the exam. Practice chapter exams and a final exam offer more questions to reinforce lesson concepts. If you have questions about content in the chapters, you can feel free to submit them to our experts. After using these resources, your math knowledge will skyrocket, and you will be more than prepared to succeed on the assessment.
To register for the NYSTCE Mathematics assessment, you must initiate the process by signing up for an account online. You will be asked to share personal information and will have the opportunity to select your test date and site, along with the institutions to which you would like your scores sent. It's good to keep in mind before registering that, if you are seeking your initial teaching certificate in New York State, you might be required to pass the EAS test, ALST test and edTPA, along with this content-specialty test.
On the day of the test, you will be required to bring one current, government-issued ID printed in English and must arrive 30 minutes prior to your scheduled test time. Arriving more than 15 minutes late could result in not being admitted and forfeiting a refund. You are allowed to reschedule the test, but must do so at least 24 hours prior to your scheduled test time.
New York State Teacher Certification Examinations is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- How Can Parents Help Their Students Prepare for a College Readiness or AP Exam?
- GED Algebra Exam: Training and Preparation Information
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- LPN NCLEX Exam Preparation Resources
- Bank Teller Exam Information, Resources and Exam Preparation Tips
- Student Passes Calculus CLEP Exam After Using Study.com's Online Videos to Study for Just Five Days
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- Compass Exams
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts