- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 101
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Computer Science? - Definition & Fields
This course can be found in: OAE Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 40+ OAE study guides, and 5,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryIf you need to get ready for the Ohio Assessments for Educators (OAE) Computer Information Science exam, take a look at this self-paced test preparation course. The course offers you a quick and effective way to study all the information that appears on the exam. This Study.com course was last updated in 2018.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
13 chapters in OAE Computer Information Science (010): Study Guide & Practice
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related OAE Courses
About This Course
In this course, you'll find a collection of engaging lessons, practice quizzes and supplemental study resources that are designed to help you fully prepare for the OAE Computer Information Science exam. Explore the course materials to review the foundations of computer information science, including computer application software, computer architecture, network systems technology, algorithms, computer programming and much more. The course is accessible online whenever you have free time to study, and if you have any questions throughout your test preparation experience, you can easily submit questions to our subject-matter experts.
Check out our OAE test prep materials! We've got OAE courses to teach you the material, comprehensive OAE study guides to help you study, OAE practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational OAE resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
This course is closely aligned with the computer information science concepts that you'll likely encounter on the OAE Computer Information Science exam. As you progress through the course material, you'll strengthen your basic computer science skills and review essential computer information science terms. By the end of the course, you should be able to:
- Evaluate the history and societal impacts of computing
- Explain the fundamentals of computer architecture, operating systems and programming
- Discuss essential concepts related to information access resources and telecommunications
- Assess the functions of network systems technology
- Describe the relationship between the Internet and computer science
- Troubleshoot computers and peripheral devices
- Work with data, storage and algorithms
- Define programming design, language and verification
- Talk about the benefits of using computer science technologies in classroom environments
This course contains a total of 12 chapters and 93 topical lessons. As you watch and read through the lessons, you can take the accompanying self-assessments to make sure you fully understand the material. Each chapter concludes with a multiple-choice exam to further reinforce your knowledge of essential computer information science topics.
OAE Computer Information Science (010) Exam Information
The OAE Computer Information Science exam is a content knowledge assessment that's currently being used for teacher licensure purposes in the state of Ohio.
- Number of Questions: 81
- Question Types: Multiple-choice and constructed-response
- Time Limit: 2 hours and 30 minutes
- Exam Cost: $105
OAE Computer Information Science (010) Exam Breakdown
|OAE Computer Information Science Exam Concept||Percent of the OAE Computer Information Science Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Computer use in educational environments||21%||17||26|
|Computer system concepts||21%||17||37|
|Program design and algorithms||30%||24||20|
|Programming and program testing||28%||23||10|
OAE Computer Information Science (010) Exam Preparation & Registration
To get fully prepared for this teacher certification exam, simply work through the course material wherever and whenever it's convenient. The course dashboard allows you to quickly navigate to the chapter topics you want to study. When you're inside a chapter, you'll be able to review the lesson materials and take the self-assessment quizzes. Be sure to try the final course assessment to see if you're ready to sit for the OAE Computer Information Science exam. Print the lesson transcripts to study offline, and use the Ask the Expert feature if you have any questions along the way.
To register for the exam, you'll need to create an account on the official OAE website. The registration process involves making an appointment for your exam and finding a nearby computer-based testing center. You'll also be required to pay an assessment fee and agree to all OAE testing rules/policies.
Ohio Assessments for Educators (OAE) is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- MCSE Course Preparation and Training Information
- Online CFP Preparation Course Information
- Associates Degrees in Computer Science with Course Information
- MOUS Test and Exam Information
- Tax Preparation Course Online with School Information
- Food Preparation Certificate Programs with Course Information
- Undergraduate Health Assessment Course Information
- Computer Maintenance Class and Course Information
- Software Testing Degree and Course Information
- Radiology Programs in Ohio with School and Course Information
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses