- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 189
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1The Scientific Method: Steps, Terms & Examples
This course can be found in: OAE Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 40+ OAE study guides, and 5,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryWe've prepared this study guide course as a handy way for you to get ready to take the OAE Elementary Education (Subtest II) exam. Work toward a passing score at your convenience by studying our short lessons and taking the corresponding multiple-choice quizzes for quick assessment.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
23 chapters in OAE Elementary Education (Subtest II) (019): Study Guide & Practice
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related OAE Courses
About This Course
In this test prep course, you'll find short lessons designed by professional instructors to help build your confidence ahead of the Ohio Assessments for Educators (OAE) Elementary Education (Subtest II) exam. Some of the topics covered here include life science, mixed numbers and fractions and health, fitness and nutrition. Each lesson is accompanied by a short multiple-choice quiz to help you test your knowledge and see where you may need to focus additional efforts before exam day.
Check out our OAE test prep materials! We've got OAE courses to teach you the material, comprehensive OAE study guides to help you study, OAE practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational OAE resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
All the subjects you'd expect to find on the OAE Elementary Education (Subtest II) exam are covered in these engaging and easy-to-follow lessons. Take your time as you work through lessons on mathematical reasoning, music and the arts and weather and geologic systems, among others. After finishing this course, you should be ready to:
- Explain least common multiple and greatest common factor
- Outline plants, genetics and biomes
- Round and estimate numbers
- Detail tools for representing mathematical concepts
- Interpret and calculate statistical data
- Discuss the properties of geometric shapes
- Define Earth, physical and space science
- Describe scientific inquiry, method and data analysis
Made up of 23 chapters and 187 lessons, this course should help you refresh your memory and determine any subjects that need additional work. The lesson quizzes and chapter tests are especially helpful ahead of exam day to help you see how you might do.
OAE Elementary Education (Subtest II) Exam Information
The OAE Elementary Education exam is made up of two subtests, which must both be passed in order to pass the exam. This teacher licensure test is used in the state of Ohio to test the skills of prospective teachers.
- Number of Questions: 75
- Question Type: Multiple-choice questions
- Time Limit: One hour and 30 minutes
- Exam Cost: $56
OAE Elementary Education (Subtest II) Exam Breakdown
|OAE Elementary Education (Subtest II) Exam Concept||Percent of the OAE Elementary Education (Subtest II) Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Lessons|
|The Arts, Health & Fitness||12%||9 questions||22|
OAE Elementary Education (Subtest II) Exam Preparation & Registration
This study guide course is designed to assist you in your preparations for the OAE Elementary Education (Subtest II) exam. Video lessons in math, science, art and physical education align with the subjects you'll be tested on. Registration for this exam can be completed online, and the test is offered year-round by appointment on a first-come, first-served basis.
OAE Elementary Education (Subtest II) is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- Best Study Guides, People's Choice Awards
- People's Choice Nominees: Best Study Guides
- Studying 101: Guide to Studying in College
- GED Study Guide Flashcards
- Common Adult Education Courses in Foreign Language Studies
- Environmental Studies: Overview of Common Adult Education Courses
- Online Christian Bible Study Courses and Education Programs
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Overview of Legal Studies Courses
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses