- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 98
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Principles of Growth and Development
This course can be found in: OAE Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 40+ OAE study guides, and 5,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryIf you're planning on taking the OAE Prekindergarten Subtest I in the near future, use this study guide course to get fully prepared. The course offers short lessons, practice quizzes and supplemental learning tools to help you review the prekindergarten topics you'll need to know by your exam date. This Study.com course was last updated in 2018.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related OAE Courses
About This Course
Prepare for the Ohio Assessments for Educators (OAE) Prekindergarten Subtest I with this comprehensive test preparation course. Consisting of bite-sized lessons and practice assessments, this course helps you quickly study topics that you'll need to be familiar with in order to pass the subtest. These topics include prenatal risk factors, early childhood development, student disabilities, early childhood education theory, professionalism in education and much more. You can review this course whenever you have free time to study, and it's accessible on any desktop, laptop, smartphone or tablet.
Check out our OAE test prep materials! We've got OAE courses to teach you the material, comprehensive OAE study guides to help you study, OAE practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational OAE resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
The content of this course coincides with the topics you'll likely encounter on the OAE Prekindergarten Subtest I. As you work through the course, you'll refresh your knowledge of early childhood education, instruction and professional development. When you're finished with the course, you should be equipped to:
- Summarize the process of early childhood development
- Trace the development of socialization, emotions and self-regulation in children
- Identify prenatal, perinatal and postnatal risk factors
- Evaluate student impairments, disorders and disabilities
- Discuss the professional roles, responsibilities and theoretical foundations of early childhood education
- Assess the importance of professionalism in educational environments
- Explain how positive learning environments can impact children
- Describe proper health, nutrition and safety components in early childhood
The course is broken into 9 chapters, and it contains a total of 98 topical lessons. Watch or read through the lessons at your own pace, and be sure to take the short quizzes that accompany each lesson. You can then ensure your comprehension of the material by taking the multiple-choice chapter exams.
OAE Prekindergarten Subtest I (036) Information
This exam is used for teacher licensure purposes in the state of Ohio. You must pass Subtests I and II in order to qualify for an Ohio prekindergarten teacher license.
- Number of Questions: 62
- Question Types: Multiple-choice and constructed-response
- Time Limit: 2 hours
- Exam Cost: $56
OAE Prekindergarten Subtest I (036) Breakdown
|OAE Prekindergarten Subtest I Concept||Percent of the OAE Prekindergarten Subtest I||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Professionalism and Building Relationships||42%||26||39|
|Promoting Child Development and Learning||58%||36||59|
OAE Prekindergarten Subtest I (036) Preparation & Registration
This course is designed to make your test preparation experience as flexible and simple as possible. Review the lessons on any Internet-connected device, or print out the lesson transcripts to study when you're not around a computer. This online format makes it easy to prepare for the subtest at home, the office, school, a library or a local coffee shop. Your dashboard will keep track of your progress throughout the course, and you can always reach out to our subject-matter experts if you have any questions about the course material.
To register for this assessment, you'll be asked to create an account on the official OAE website. The subtest is offered in four testing windows throughout the year, and you can select your most convenient exam date and testing center upon registration. You'll also be required to pay applicable exam fees and agree to all OAE testing policies. Note that you can register for one or both of the subtests per appointment.
Ohio Assessments for Educators (OAE) is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How to Guide Students Through Study.com's Courses
- How Can I Use Study.com Courses to Homeschool?
- How To Replace Textbooks With Study.com Courses
- Distance Learning Courses and Degrees in Buddhist Studies
- A Guide To Advanced Placement Courses
- Wedding Planner Courses Review
- Study.com Updates
- Distance Learning Airport Security Management Course and Class Reviews
- Courses Needed to Be a Registered Nurse
- Lesson Plan Design Courses and Classes Overview
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses