- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 128
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Early Childhood Education: Programs and Benefits
This course can be found in: OAE Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 40+ OAE study guides, and 5,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryIn this course, you'll find a collection of engaging lessons and practice assessments that cover topics from the OAE Prekindergarten Subtest II. Access this course at any time to review essential exam topics and prepare to earn a high score. This Study.com course was last updated in 2018.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
16 chapters in OAE Prekindergarten Subtest 2 (037): Study Guide & Practice
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related OAE Courses
About This Course
If you're a prospective prekindergarten teacher who wants to become licensed in Ohio, you'll need to take the Ohio Assessments for Educators (OAE) Prekindergarten Subtest II. This course helps you quickly prepare for this subtest through a collection of engaging lessons and practice assessments. The course covers the foundations of early childhood instruction, assessment, evaluation and technology. You'll also review math, science and social studies subjects that are typically incorporated in early childhood classroom curricula. You can complete the course at your own pace using any computer or mobile device, and to help you reinforce your knowledge of these topics, we've included plenty of self-assessments throughout the course.
Check out our OAE test prep materials! We've got OAE courses to teach you the material, comprehensive OAE study guides to help you study, OAE practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational OAE resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
We've aligned this course specifically with topics that appear on the OAE Prekindergarten Subtest II. Review the lessons to improve your knowledge of early childhood instruction techniques, plus the components of effective early childhood curriculum development. Upon completion of the course, you should be able to:
- Define the components of early childhood curriculum development and instruction
- Discuss the benefits of early childhood classroom technology
- Explain the functions of screening assessment and evaluation in preschool contexts
- Use art and movement to promote development
- Help children develop number sense
- Evaluate the foundations of science, math and literacy instruction
- Teach students about Earth and space, biological and physical science
- Outline basic tools and concepts in geography
- Summarize important events in American history
- Integrate culture, economics and civics concepts into a social studies curriculum
This course includes 16 chapters and 128 lessons. When you finish each lesson, try the accompanying self-assessment quiz to retain key concepts and terms. Each chapter concludes with a comprehensive exam, and the course includes a final assessment.
OAE Prekindergarten Subtest II (037) Information
The subtest qualifies candidates for a prekindergarten teaching license in Ohio. You must pass Subtests I and II.
- Number of Questions: 62
- Question Types: Multiple-choice and constructed response
- Time Limit: 2 hours
- Exam Cost: $56
OAE Prekindergarten Subtest II (037) Breakdown
|OAE Prekindergarten Subtest II Concept||Percent of the OAE Prekindergarten Subtest II||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Teaching and learning||50%||31||24|
|Building a meaningful curriculum||50%||31||104|
OAE Prekindergarten Subtest II (037) Preparation & Registration
To start preparing for the exam, head to the course dashboard to get an overview of the chapter topics. From there, you can take the course in sequence or jump to the chapters that you may need to spend the most time studying. The course can be accessed on any computer or mobile device, which makes it easy to prepare for the subtest wherever you have an Internet connection. Print the lesson transcripts if you want to take notes or study offline, and if you have any questions along the way, don't hesitate to take advantage of our handy Ask the Expert feature.
When you're ready to register for the subtest, go to the official OAE website. You'll create an account, select an upcoming assessment date, find a nearby testing center, pay an exam fee and agree to OAE testing rules and policies. The subtests are offered during four testing windows per year, so be sure to check the website for specific test dates. You can register for each subtest individually or take them both in one testing appointment.
Ohio Assessments for Educators (OAE) is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How Can I Use Study.com Courses to Homeschool?
- The Most Engaging Free Courses: Study.com's People's Choice Award Winner
- How To Replace Textbooks With Study.com Courses
- Study.com Updates
- How to Prepare for Your First Online Course
- Access Classes, Courses and Training Programs
- Wedding Planner Courses Review
- College Student Uses Free Courses and the CLEP Exam to Earn Low-Cost Credits
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- Microsoft Access Classes and Courses with Detailed Descriptions
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses