- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 106
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Forms of Assessment: Informal, Formal, Paper-Pencil & Performance Assessments
This course can be found in: OAE Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 40+ OAE study guides, and 5,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryGet ready to take the OAE Reading (Subtest I) exam with help from this informative and user-friendly study guide course. The lessons and quizzes included here can be accessed from any smartphone, tablet or computer at any time to help you prepare for exam day.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related OAE Courses
About This Course
In this engaging course, you'll find study materials you can use to do your best on the OAE Reading (Subtest I) exam. Our helpful lessons cover theoretical models, emergent literacy and assessment techniques, among other related topics. Along with each lesson, you'll find a self-assessment quiz to give you information about your understanding and progress as you get ready for the test. If you have any questions along the way, one of our experts be reached through the Dashboard.
Check out our OAE test prep materials! We've got OAE courses to teach you the material, comprehensive OAE study guides to help you study, OAE practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational OAE resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
We've aligned the lessons in this course with the subjects you'll need to know to do well on the OAE Reading (Subtest I) exam. These include curriculum, instruction and language development. Once you complete this course, you should be ready to:
- Define standardized assessments
- Explain effective assessment techniques
- Analyze assessment results
- Outline instruction and curriculum
- Plan reading programs successfully
- Discuss language development
- Detail theoretical processes and models
- Define phonology, phonics and phonemes
- Describe ways to promote literacy
This course is comprised of 11 chapters and a total of 107 bite-sized lessons that make studying for this exam easy and convenient. Follow along to watch your progress through the Dashboard and take the lesson quizzes and chapter tests to see how you'll do on the test.
OAE Reading (Subtest I) Exam Information
The OAE Reading test is used in the state of Ohio to assess the skills and knowledge of candidates for teacher licensure. There are two subtests that make up the OAE Reading exam, and both must be passed in order to receive licensure in this subject.
- Number of Questions: 62
- Question Type: 60 multiple-choice and two constructed-response questions
- Time Limit: Two hours
- Exam Cost: $56
OAE Reading (Subtest I) Exam Breakdown
|OAE Reading (Subtest I) Exam Concept||Percent of the OAE Reading (Subtest I) Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Lessons|
|Reading Assessment||34%||21 questions||27|
|Foundations of Reading Development||32%||20 questions||49|
|Reading Development||34%||9 questions||31|
OAE Reading (Subtest I) Exam Preparation & Registration
Our comprehensive study guide course contains all the material you need to successfully prepare for and take the OAE Reading (Subtest I) exam. We've included handy lessons on theoretical models and processes, planning reading programs and how to promote literacy you can access any time. When you're ready to take the exam, you can do so by appointment year-round on a first-come, first-served basis. Centers where you can take the exam are available in Ohio and nationwide.
OAE Reading (Subtest I) is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How Can Parents Help Their Students Prepare for a College Readiness or AP Exam?
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Study Shows Acting Can Help with Reading Comprehension
- How to Decide Which CLEP Exams You Should Take
- Where Can I Take a Child Care Exam Online?
- Not Ready for a Real-Life Jurassic World? Study These Subjects to Prepare
- Compass Exams
- Does Every Florida Teacher Have to Take the General Knowledge Exams?
- Autism Studies Abroad Help Back Home
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses