- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 63
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1How to Teach Reading Comprehension
This course can be found in: OAE Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 40+ OAE study guides, and 5,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryIf you're looking for a comprehensive test prep resource you can use to prepare for the OAE Reading (Subtest II) exam, this helpful course is for you. We've included bite-sized lessons and multiple-choice quizzes that can help you earn a passing score on test day.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related OAE Courses
About This Course
Our study guide course was designed by professional instructors to assist you as you get ready to take the OAE Reading (Subtest II) exam. We cover all of the topics that you'll find on the test in bite-sized lessons, from comprehension strategies to vocabulary development. Help from an expert is available through the Dashboard if questions come up along the way. The self-assessment quizzes and tests help you to identify any areas that might need more work before you take the test.
Check out our OAE test prep materials! We've got OAE courses to teach you the material, comprehensive OAE study guides to help you study, OAE practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational OAE resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
In this course, we've included a series of short lessons on the topics you'll see on the OAE Reading (Subtest II) exam. These include understanding literature, critical thinking and analyzing literary texts. Once you finish this course, you should be able to:
- Outline effective comprehension and reading strategies
- Explain how to best understand literature
- Analyze literary terms and texts
- Discuss informational texts
- Share strategies for critical thinking and study skills
- Identify tools for vocabulary development
In 7 chapters consisting of 63 lessons, you'll find the information that you'll need in order to to be fully prepared for the OAE Reading (Subtest II) exam. To make sure you're on track, take the quizzes included with each lesson and the broader test at the end of each chapter.
OAE Reading (Subtest II) Exam Information
In order to pass the OAE Reading exam, you must pass both Subtest I and Subtest II. This exam is used in the state of Ohio to test the knowledge of candidates for teacher licensure. Here's what you can expect for Subtest II:
- Number of Questions: 62
- Question Type: 60 multiple-choice and 2 constructed-response questions
- Time Limit: 2 hours
- Exam Cost: $56
OAE Reading (Subtest II) Exam Breakdown
|OAE Reading (Subtest II) Exam Concept||Percent of the OAE Reading (Subtest II) Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Lessons|
|Reading & Literature||24%||15||27|
|Reading Across the Curriculum||42%||26||19|
OAE Reading (Subtest II) Exam Preparation & Registration
Getting ready for the OAE Reading (Subtest II) exam is a snap when you have this informative test prep course as your guide. Review informational texts, reading strategies and study skills at your leisure as you get ready to take the exam. You can study on any computer or mobile device, and feel free to take as much or as little time as you need to master the material.
This test is offered year-round by appointment at testing centers located in Ohio and around the nation. Registration takes place online and is first-come, first-served. When you register, you'll be able to choose up to three institutions to which you'd like your score report sent.
OAE Reading (Subtest II) is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- OAE Test Preparation & Resources
- Test Prep
- People's Choice Nominees: Best Test Prep
- Best Test Prep, People's Choice Awards
- How to Prepare for AP, CLEP, DSST & UExcel Tests
- CNA Certification Test: A Detailed Look at the CNA Exam
- GRE Test Preparation & Resources
- FTCE Test Preparation & Resources
- CTEL Test Preparation & Resources
- HSPT Test Preparation & Resources
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses