- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 158
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Is Adolescence? - Definition, Stages & Characteristics
This course can be found in: OAE Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 40+ OAE study guides, and 5,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryPrepare to take the NES Assessment of Professional Knowledge: Adolescence to Young Adult (7-12) exam, which has replaced the Ohio Assessments for Educators - Adolescence to Young Adult (7-12) APK (003) test. This study guide includes text lessons, videos and quizzes to help you review and prepare for the exam at your own pace and from any mobile device.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
14 chapters in Ohio Assessments for Educators - Adolescence to Young Adult (7-12) APK (003): Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related OAE Courses
About This NES Assessment of Professional Knowledge: Adolescence to Young Adult (7-12) Study Guide
The OEA - Adolescence to Young Adult (7-12) APK (003) exam has been discontinued and replaced with the NES Assessment of Professional Knowledge: Adolescence to Young Adult (7-12) (003 exam). This study guide is up-to-date and designed to prepare you for the current version of the NES Adolescence to Young Adult (7-12) test. As you prepare for educator licensure in Ohio this study guide can help you gauge what you know and facilitate your review of concepts and factors that affect student learning, effective techniques for instructional planning, and positive and supportive learning environments. This course was last updated in 2019.
Check out our NES test prep materials! We've got NES courses to teach you the material, comprehensive NES study guides to help you study, NES practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational NES resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
NES APK: Adolescence to Young Adult (7-12) Course Information
This course is designed to prepare you for the NES APK: Adolescence to Young Adult (7-12) exam, covering all of the topics outlined in the official test materials provided by NES. Our professional instructors created this comprehensive course to help you master these objectives. Some of the topics covered in this course are listed below.
Student Development and Learning
- Human development processes and how they affect the instructional environment
- Variations in human development and applications to student learning
- Promoting appreciation and respect for student diversity
Assessment, Instruction, and the Learning Environment
- Assessment instruments and practices
- Effective instructional planning and design
- Engaging, motivational and management strategies for the classroom
The Professional Environment
- Collaborative partnerships with families, colleagues and members of the community
- Roles and expectations for professional educators
- Legal and ethical guidelines in education
NES APK: Adolescence to Young Adult (7-12) Course Format
This study guideline includes information presented within 146 short lessons, which are grouped by topic into 13 chapters that you can access at your leisure. Self-assessment lesson quizzes and chapter tests have also been included so you can quickly check your progress.
NES APK: Adolescence to Young Adult (7-12) Exam Information
The NES APK: Adolescence to Young Adult (7-12) licensure exam assesses the knowledge of candidates seeking Ohio educator licensure. These assessments are aligned with Ohio's New Learning Standards
- Number of Questions: 102 questions
- Question Type: 100 multiple-choice, one case study written assignment, and one work product written assignment
- Time Limit: Three hours
- Exam Cost: $105
|NES APK: Adolescence to Young Adult (7-12) Exam Concept||Percent of the ONES APK: Adolescence to Young Adult (7-12) Exam||Approximate Number of Questions|
|Student Development & Learning||24%||24 questions|
|Assessment, Instruction & the Learning Environment||50%||51 questions|
|The Professional Environment||26%||27 questions|
Registering and Preparing for the NES APK: Adolescence to Young Adult (7-12) Exam
This NES test is offered at approved CBT testing sites throughout the state of Ohio, as well as nationwide. Tests are administered year round by appointment available on a first-come first-served basis, and appointments may be booked online.
Our short video lessons may be used as a refresher for topics you have already studied in college, certification courses, advanced degree programs or workshops. The lessons may also introduce you to new, up-to-date information. These chapters will cover curriculum planning as well as the development, administration and interpretation of classroom assessments and assessment data. Additionally, there will be a focus on child psychology and development as well as best strategies for modeling efficient classroom dynamics. After completing each lesson, you can check your knowledge with short quiz assessments designed to give you an idea of what the formatting of the questions will look like on the actual test.
For more information on registering and preparing for any of the NES exams you'll need to take to obtain your teacher certification, check out our NES Preparation Resources
NES APK: Adolescence to Young Adult (7-12) Scoring
On an assigned date after your assessment, you will be able to access your scores online. A score of at least 220 points is required to pass the exam. The test is divided into domains that cover Student Development and Learning (24%), Assessment, Instruction, the Learning Environment (40%) the Professional Environment (16%), the Case Study (10%) and the Work Product (10%).
You can find more information about how the NES exam is scored here.
The NES Assessment of Professional Knowledge: Adolescence to Young Adult (7-12) is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- Careers for Young Adults with Autism
- Careers for Young Adults with ADHD
- How Can Parents Help Their Students Prepare for a College Readiness or AP Exam?
- Great Read Aloud Books for Young Adults
- Reading Rainbow: What Are Young Adults Reading Today?
- 7 Test-Taking Tips for Adult Students
- Indiana Core Assessments for Educators
- Does Every Florida Teacher Have to Take the General Knowledge Exams?
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses