- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 275
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Classical Management Theory (1900-1930): Definition
This course can be found in: OAE Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 40+ OAE study guides, and 5,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryUse this comprehensive study guide course to review the concepts you need to know for the OAE Business Education exam. The course is completely self-paced, and it includes short lessons and quizzes to help you master the material. You can also use any computer or mobile device to study.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
26 chapters in Ohio Assessments for Educators - Business Education (008): Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related OAE Courses
About This OAE Business Education Study Guide
The OAE Business Education exam has been discontinued and replaced with the NES Business Education exam. This study guide is up-to-date and designed to prepare you for the current version of the OAE Business Education exam.
This course was assembled to be an in-depth review of the material that you may see when you take the Ohio Assessments for Educators (OAE) Business Education exam, which is required in the state of Ohio for licensure in this subject area. Some of the topics you can expect to study in this course include business management, business law, finance, business technology, economics, marketing and professional development. You can work through the course at your own pace using any computer or mobile device, and to make sure you fully understand the business concepts you'll be tested on, we've included an Ask the Expert feature that allows you to submit any questions you may have to our subject-matter experts. This Study.com course was last updated in 2019.
Check out our OAE test prep materials! We've got OAE courses to teach you the material, comprehensive OAE study guides to help you study, OAE practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational OAE resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
OAE Business Education Course Information
This course is designed to prepare you for the OAE Business Education exam, covering all of the topics outlined in the official test materials provided by the Ohio Assessments for Educators. Our professional instructors created this comprehensive course to help you master these objectives. Some of the topics covered in this course are listed below:
Business Management, Law, and Ethics
- Define theories and methods related to organizational management
- Explain principles of human resources management
- Describe the basics of business law and topics regarding ethics and social responsibility
Accounting, Personal Financial Management, and Quantitative Analysis
- Explain principles in accounting and understand basic terminology, principles and methods
- Clarify principles of personal finance and consumer economics
- Understand techniques of computation and quantitative analysis
Economics and International Business
- Compare central principles of microeconomics such as supply and demand
- Outline key principles of macroeconomics such as various economic and political systems
- Summarize the importance of international business, trade and marketing
Marketing, E-Commerce, and Entrepreneurship
- Recognize the components of effective marketing strategies and research
- Discuss business on an e-commerce level and the importance of internet marketing
- Analyze various factors and issues in relation to starting a new business venture
Business Communications, Technology, Career Development, and Professionalism
- Review the importance of correct terminology, appropriate style, and proper etiquette for effective communication
- Understand the importance of information technology in business and society and the various business applications associated
- Recognize career opportunities in business
OAE Business Education Course Format
This course contains 259 lessons that are broken into 25 chapters. As you work through the course, watch the video lessons and follow along with the printable transcripts. The course also includes interactive lesson quizzes and chapter exams to help you remember the concepts you study.
OAE Business Education Exam Information
- Number of Questions: 150
- Question Type: Multiple-choice
- Time Limit: 3 hours
- Exam Cost: $105
OAE Business Education Exam Breakdown
|OAE Business Education Exam Concept||Percent of the OAE Business Education Exam||Approximate Number of Questions|
|Business management, law and ethics||19%||28|
|Accounting, personal financial management and quantitative analysis||19%||28|
|Economics and international business||19%||28|
|Marketing, e-commerce and entrepreneurship||19%||28|
|Business communications, technology, career development and professionalism||25%||38|
Registering and Preparing for the OAE Business Education Exam
You may register for the OAE Business Education exam on the OAE website. Appointments for this exam are offered year-round at locations nationwide. If you find that you need to reschedule an appointment or change a testing location, you may, as long as you do so no later than 24 hours before your scheduled testing session. If you need to retake the exam, you must wait at least 30 days after your previous attempt before you can retake it.
The chapters of this course are composed of a series of lesson videos, overviews and assessments, so you can have an effective way to prepare for the OAE Business Education exam. To test your understanding of a lesson, complete the multiple-choice quiz that accompanies it. Likewise, you can test your overall understanding of the chapters by completing the practice chapter exams.
For more information on registering and preparing for the OAE Business Education exam, check out our OAE Informational Resources.
Ohio Assessments for Educators Business Education exam is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- How to Guide Students Through Study.com's Courses
- Online Master of Liberal Studies Degree Programs with Course Info
- Overview of Legal Studies Courses
- Environmental Studies: Overview of Common Adult Education Courses
- Common Adult Education Courses in Foreign Language Studies
- Online Christian Bible Study Courses and Education Programs
- Master of Education Classes and Courses Overview
- Online Master of Education Course Overviews
- Courses in Cybercrime Studies: Detailed Course Descriptions
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses