- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 73
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Computer Hardware? - Components, Definition & Examples
This course can be found in: OAE Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 40+ OAE study guides, and 5,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryIn this course, you'll find a collection of engaging lessons that help you get ready for the OAE Computer/Technology Subtest I. Work through the course at your own pace to review all the exam concepts, and take the practice assessments to make sure you're fully prepared.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
11 chapters in Ohio Assessments for Educators - Computer/Technology (Subtest I) (016): Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related OAE Courses
About This Course
This course offers you a fast and efficient way to study all of the topics that appear on the Ohio Assessments for Educators (OAE) Computer/Technology Subtest I. The course is broken into topical chapters that address the computer and technology concepts that you'll need to be familiar with. Complete the course to study systems technology, computer storage, systems software, database management, online collaboration tools and more. In addition to the lesson content, the course offers practice quizzes and a variety of supplemental studying resources to enhance your test preparation experience.
Check out our OAE test prep materials! We've got OAE courses to teach you the material, comprehensive OAE study guides to help you study, OAE practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational OAE resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
To make sure you only study the information that will impact your score, we've designed this course to coincide specifically with topics that you'll find on the OAE exam. The course will strengthen your fundamental knowledge of computers and technology, and you'll even increase your computer troubleshooting skills. When you're finished with the course, you should be able to:
- Outline the fundamentals of hardware and systems technology
- Explain basic concepts in systems software and management
- Describe the functions of computer data and storage
- Troubleshoot computers and peripheral devices
- Interpret acceptable use policies and legal issues
- Explain the foundations of digital security and safety in schools
- Define the scope of database management
- Recognize media and software communication methods
- Communicate with collaborative online tools
- Identify electronic research tools and the elements of information literacy
This course consists of 10 chapters and a total of 75 lessons. You can watch or read through the lessons at your own pace, and each lesson comes with a short quiz that helps you reinforce the information you study. Be sure to take the chapter exams to solidify your understanding of the material.
OAE Computer/Technology Subtest I (016) Exam Information
This subtest, along with Subtest II of the OAE Computer/Technology exam, is intended for current and prospective teachers who are pursuing a professional license in computers and technology in the state of Ohio.
- Number of Questions: 72
- Question Types: Multiple-choice and constructed-response
- Time Limit: 2 hours and 15 minutes
- Exam Cost: $56
OAE Computer/Technology Subtest I (016) Exam Breakdown
|OAE Computer/Technology Subtest I Concept||Percent of the OAE Computer/Technology Subtest I||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Basic operations, concepts and issues of digital technology||57%||40||47|
|Productivity applications of digital technology||43%||30||28|
OAE Computer/Technology Subtest I Preparation & Review
This test preparation course was designed to be as simple, flexible and efficient as possible. You can progress through the course at your own pace, and it's accessible online at any time that fits your schedule. As you work through the course, you'll be able to check your understanding of the material by taking the assessments and submitting questions through the Ask the Expert feature. We've also included a final course exam to help you gauge your level of preparedness for the OAE Computer/Technology Subtest I.
Registration for this assessment can be made through the official OAE website. When you register for the exam, you'll be asked if you're a new teacher who is pursuing an initial licensure assessment or if you're a current teacher who is seeking a content area endorsement. The registration process will have you select an upcoming exam date (offered in four annual testing windows). The OAE's website will allow you to choose a nearby testing center, pay your exam fee and agree to all testing policies/rules.
Ohio Assessments for Educators (OAE) is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc., or its affiliate(s), which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- Online Computer Technology Classes and Courses
- Computer Technology Courses and Classes Overview
- Why Do I Have to Take a Capstone Course?
- Computer Technology Career Education in Arizona with Course Info
- Take Heed of These Warning Signs That You're Ready to Leave Teaching
- Online IT Computer Courses Overview
- Wedding Planner Courses Review
- Car Technology Courses and Classes
- Plumbing Technology Classes and Courses
- Online Schools with Firearm Repair Programs How to Choose
- Cost of an Online MBA Average Program Tuition and Fees
- Distance Learning University Degree Program in Computer Graphic Design
- Become a Forensic Epidemiologist Education and Career Information
- Online Early Childhood Special Education Classes and Courses
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses