- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 42
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Research on Technology in the Classroom
This course can be found in: OAE Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 40+ OAE study guides, and 5,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryGet ready for the Ohio Assessments for Educators (OAE) Computer/Technology Subtest II with this self-paced study guide course. To get fully prepared for the exam, simply work through the course's engaging lessons and quizzes at any time that fits your schedule.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
7 chapters in Ohio Assessments for Educators - Computer/Technology (Subtest II) (017): Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related OAE Courses
About This Course
If you're looking for a quick way to prepare for the OAE Computer/Technology Subtest II, this course is for you! Containing engaging, simple and expertly taught lessons, this course outlines the types of computer and technology concepts you'll need to know for the exam, such as educational technology applications, media literacy, Internet safety, assistive classroom technologies and more. In addition to the lessons, you'll be able to take practice assessments to help you remember critical information before the day of your OAE exam. You can also work through this course at any time that fits your schedule using any computer or mobile device.
Check out our OAE test prep materials! We've got OAE courses to teach you the material, comprehensive OAE study guides to help you study, OAE practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational OAE resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
This course coincides with topics that you'll likely find on the OAE Computer/Technology Subtest II. Work through the lessons at your own pace to strengthen your lesson planning skills and instructional abilities, and take the quizzes to master terms and concepts associated with classroom technology. When you're finished with the course, you should be able to:
- Improve teaching and learning through the use of technology
- Describe effective lesson planning and instructional methods
- Incorporate educational technologies in classroom environments
- Assess the importance of Internet safety and media literacy
- Enhance computer accessibility for students in the classroom
- Evaluate instructional strategies involving assistive technology
In this course, you'll study 42 topical lessons that are broken into 6 chapters. The lessons are normally less than 10 minutes in length, and they come with printable transcripts and quick quizzes. When you finish a chapter, try the accompanying exams to retain the information you study.
OAE Computer/Technology Subtest II (017) Exam Information
In order to qualify for an Ohio teacher license in computer/technology, prospective teachers will need to pass both subtests of the OAE Computer/Technology exam.
- Number of Questions: 43
- Question Types: Multiple-choice and constructed-response
- Time Limit: 2 hours and 15 minutes
- Exam Cost: $56
OAE Computer/Technology Subtest II (017) Exam Breakdown
|OAE Computer/Technology Subtest II Concept||Percent of the OAE Computer/Technology Subtest II||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Teaching and learning applications of digital technology||100%||43||42|
OAE Computer/Technology Subtest II Preparation & Review
This course is designed to make your test preparation process flexible and effective. Access the course materials whenever you have free time to study, and use your desktop, laptop, smartphone or tablet to work through the lessons/quizzes. Your dashboard will keep track of your progress so you'll know how much you've studied. If you need any extra help with these computer and technology concepts, you can submit them through the convenient Ask the Expert feature.
Registration for the OAE Computer/Technology exam can be made online. When you register for the exam, you can schedule one or both subtests for an upcoming testing appointment. The exam is available during 4 testing windows throughout the year, and the official OAE website allows you to find your nearest computer-based testing center. Finally, the registration process involves submitting an exam fee and agreeing to OAE testing rules/policies.
Ohio Assessments for Educators (OAE) is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc., or its affiliate(s), which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Self-Paced Distance Learning: How Does IT Work?
- Self-Paced Computer Training Programs and Requirements
- How to Fit Studying for Your Teacher Certification Into Your Schedule
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- Online Computer Technology Classes and Courses
- Computer Technology Courses and Classes Overview
- The Most Engaging Free Courses: Study.com's People's Choice Award Winner
- Indiana Core Assessments for Educators
- Should I Become a Computer Programmer? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Major in Computer Science? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses