- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 80
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Computer Hardware? - Components, Definition & Examples
This course can be found in: OAE Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 40+ OAE study guides, and 5,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryGet ready for the Ohio Assessments for Educators Computer/Technology (Subtests I & II) exam with this comprehensive study guide course. Our course features engaging lessons and assessments that help you make sure you're fully prepared for the exam.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
12 chapters in Ohio Assessments for Educators - Computer/Technology (Subtests I & II)(016/017): Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related OAE Courses
About This Course
You can use this course to prepare for the Ohio Assessments for Educators Computer/Technology (Subtest I & II) exam. This study guide walks you through the technological and computer subjects that could appear on the exam, including database management, systems software and management and the basics of hardware and systems technology. You can work at your own pace and go as quickly or as slowly as you need. Access this course on your smartphone, tablet or computer at your convenience.
Check out our OAE test prep materials! We've got OAE courses to teach you the material, comprehensive OAE study guides to help you study, OAE practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational OAE resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
This comprehensive test prep course provides you with the information that you'll need to know to do well on the OAE Computer/Technology exam. Each chapter is aligned with a content area found on the exam. Our lessons were developed by experts in the technological field to help you achieve the following goals:
- Explain computer data and storage
- Outline troubleshooting for computers and peripheral devices
- Identify legal issues and acceptable use policies
- Discuss digital safety and security issues at school
- Detail communicating with media and software
- Using technology and electronic research tools in teaching
- Define information literacy and electronic research tools
Our handy study guide course is made up of 11 chapters and 72 lessons designed to help you quickly and easily prepare for the exam. To test your knowledge, check out the lesson quizzes and chapter tests included here for self-assessment.
Ohio Assessments for Educators - Computer/Technology Exam Information
You are required to complete Subtests I and II of the Ohio Assessments for Educators Computer/Technology exam in order to obtain licensure to teach in this field in Ohio. The first subtest tests you on the basic operations, concepts and issues of digital technology, as well as productivity applications of digital technology. Subtest II measures your understanding of the teaching and learning applications of digital technology.
- Number of Questions: 115 questions (72 in Subtest I, 43 in Subtest II)
- Question Type: multiple-choice, constructed-response
- Time Limit: 4 hours and 30 minutes (2 hours and 15 minutes per subtest)
- Exam Cost: $105 for both subtests ($56 per subtest)
Ohio Assessments for Educators - Computer/Technology Exam Breakdown
|Ohio Assessments for Educators - Computer/Technology (Subtest I) Exam Concept||Percent of the Ohio Assessments for Educators - Computer/Technology (Subtest I) Exam Score||Chapter Lessons|
|Basic Operations, Concepts, and Issues of Digital Technology||57%||46|
|Productivity Applications of Digital Technology||43%||20|
|Ohio Assessments for Educators - Computer/Technology (Subtest II) Exam Concept||Percent of the Ohio Assessments for Educators - Computer/Technology (Subtest II) Exam Score||Chapter Lessons|
|Teaching and Learning Applications of Digital Technology||100%||6|
Preparing & Registering for the Ohio Assessments for Educators Computer/Technology (Subtest I & II) Exam
Completion of this study guide ensures you're prepared for success on the Ohio Assessments for Educators Computer/Technology (Subtest I & II) exam. Our technological experts designed each lesson to help you review the subject matter that could appear on the test. You can measure your progress by completing the quizzes and chapter tests found throughout the course.
Ohio offers four testing windows for this exam every year. You may register online. During the registration process, you will need to decide if you're going to take both subtests on the same date or spread them out. Your scores will be reported directly to the Ohio Department of Education, as well as any additional institutions you select as you register.
Ohio Assessments for Educators Computer/Technology (Subtest I & II) is a registered trademark of the Pearson Education, Inc. or its affiliate(s), which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- Indiana Core Assessments for Educators
- Undergraduate Health Assessment Course Information
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- Computer Technology Courses and Classes Overview
- Online Computer Technology Classes and Courses
- CNA Courses with Comprehensive Course Descriptions
- Assessment in Schools | A Guide to Assessment Types
- What Is Summative Assessment? | A Guide to Summative Assessment
- The Most Engaging Free Courses: Study.com's People's Choice Award Winner
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses