- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 339
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1The Nature of Science
This course can be found in: OAE Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 40+ OAE study guides, and 5,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryThis informative and engaging study guide course can help you prepare to take the OAE Integrated Science exam. Review the video and text lessons to make sure you know all the topics you'll be tested on, and then take the quizzes to see how you'll do on test day.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
29 chapters in Ohio Assessments for Educators - Integrated Science (024): Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related OAE Courses
About This Course
This course covers the competencies evaluated by the Ohio Assessments for Educators (OAE) -Integrated Science exam through a series of brief video lessons. Our video lessons are led by articulate and engaging instructors who are ready to help you pass your test as you work toward teacher licensure in this subject area. You'll boost your knowledge concerning the nature of science, physical science, life science, and earth and space science. Test what you're studying with the self-assessment quizzes, chapter exams, and final exam, and submit questions to our subject matter experts if you need help with topics in the lessons. The course is accessible 24 hours a day, and you can take it at your own pace.
Check out our OAE test prep materials! We've got OAE courses to teach you the material, comprehensive OAE study guides to help you study, OAE practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational OAE resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
This course covers the concepts that you should know to do well on the OAE Integrated Science exam. Gain a deeper understanding of osmosis, thermodynamics, electromagnetic induction, homeostasis, the digestive system, fossil fuels, glaciers, star formation and much more! Upon completion of this course, you should be able to do the following:
- Discuss the principles of scientific thought, research and investigation
- Provide details about matter, its states, and its chemical changes
- Interpret information about waves, light, sound and magnetism
- Explain heat, energy, force, motion, work and power
- Describe cellular structure, biomolecules and enzymes
- Recall the structure of the human body and its different systems
- Discuss ecology, geology, the hydrosphere, weather and the climate
- Name different ecosystems
- Recount the structure and history of Earth and its various natural phenomena
- Explain how we organize the universe
This course has 28 individual chapters that are broken down into 315 text and video lessons. You can easily test your comprehension of the material covered in each lesson by taking self-assessment quizzes and completing each chapter exam.
OAE Integrated Science Exam Information
The OAE Integrated Science exam is a computer-based test that is required for those seeking initial licensure in this subject area.
- Number of Questions: 150 questions
- Question Type: Multiple-choice
- Time Limit: 3 hours
- Exam Cost: $105
OAE Integrated Science Exam Breakdown
|OAE Integrated Science Exam Concept||Percent of the OAE Integrated Science Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Nature of Science||19%||29 questions||40|
|Physical Science||37%||55 questions||104|
|Life Science||25%||37 questions||80|
|Earth and Space Science||19%||29 questions||91|
OAE Integrated Science Preparation & Registration
Our study guide can help you prepare for the test by ensuring you're familiar with all the concepts that could appear on the OAE Integrated Science exam. The video lessons will engage your memory and make the review process fun. We also have quizzes that are modeled on the questions you will see on the exam. By gaining familiarity with the question types, you will be able to sharpen your test-taking skills.
The OAE Integrated Science exam is available year round by appointment. To register, head to the Ohio Assessment for Educators website to find a testing location near you.
Scoring the OAE Integrated Science Exam
The passing score for the OAE Integrated Science exam is 220. You will receive your score about two weeks after you have completed your test. The score is sent by e-mail and it can also be accessed via your online OAE account.
The Nature of Science
This domain accounts for 19% of the exam. The domain has three competency areas: principles of scientific inquiry, the history of science, and the relationship between science and society. These are the first lessons covered in our study guide.
The largest of the test domains is physical science, with about 37% of the test focusing on this category. The topics in this section include the characteristics of matter, chemical reactions, forces, waves, and electricity, and our study guide covers all of these topics in depth.
The life science domain is the second largest section of the test. Almost 25% of the test questions come from this domain. Both the test and our study guide cover cells, the classification of organisms, genetics, evolution, and ecosystems.
Earth and Space Science
The earth and space science domain comprises 19% of the exam. The subtopics in this section include geology, weather, climate, and the solar system and universe.
Ohio Assessments for Educators - Integrated Science is a registered trademark of the Ohio Assessments for Educators, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- Dealing with Difficult Classroom Situations You'll See Often
- How to Prep for College When You Don't Know Which School You'll Attend
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- OAE Test Preparation & Resources
- Why Do I Have to Take a Capstone Course?
- Why You Should Take a Practice Test Before You Start Your Test Prep
- More Than Half of SAT Test-Takers Not Ready for College
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses