- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 180
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Early Childhood Education: Programs and Benefits
This course can be found in: OAE Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 40+ OAE study guides, and 5,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryEnsure you'll do well on the Ohio Assessments for Educators Assessment of Professional Knowledge (APK): Multi-Age (Pk-12) exam by working through this practice course. Review specific lessons or use the entire course as a comprehensive, flexible study guide.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
17 chapters in Ohio Assessments for Educators - Multi-Age (PK-12) APK (004): Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related OAE Courses
About This Course
This test prep course is engineered to help you get ready for the Ohio Assessments for Educators Assessment of Professional Knowledge (APK): Multi-Age (Pk-12) exam. Our study guide, with its encoded video tagging system and supplementary text materials, is a great tool for your pre-assessment preparation and review. You'll work at your own pace as you study instructional planning techniques, the factors that affect student learning and performance and successful instructional approaches.
Check out our OAE test prep materials! We've got OAE courses to teach you the material, comprehensive OAE study guides to help you study, OAE practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational OAE resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
Access the lessons in this course on any mobile device or computer for a comprehensive test review. Each chapter covers a topic that falls under one of the exam's testing domains, from in-class assessments to collaborative partnerships. All lessons will address tested queries such as terminology, practical knowledge application and problem solving, helping you achieve the following by the end of the course:
- Identify variations in student development from early childhood to late adolescence
- Outline age-appropriate motivation and communication strategies for classrooms
- Detail resources, learning opportunities and environments that show awareness to student differences
- Describe learning environments and processes
- Describe the use of assessments to monitor students' learning progress
- Explain the roles and expectations for professional educators, including legal and ethical guidelines
- Discuss educational overnight and advancement
- Interpret assessment data correctly
- Provide best practices and approaches for instruction
- Identify successful classroom management strategies
- Outline effective community and family involvement
In this study guide course, we've provided 170 short and engaging lessons grouped into 16 chapters for your review. Test your knowledge using the lesson quizzes and chapter tests so you'll understand what you need to study more in-depth before exam day.
Ohio Assessments for Educators - Multi-Age (Pk-12) APK Exam Information
The APK: Multi-Age assessment is based on contemporary standards of teaching and learning for children of all ages. It is inclusive of Ohio's New Learning Standards in order to assist public schools in developing, licensing, supporting and retaining the highest quality educators.
- Number of Questions: 102 questions
- Question Type: 100 multiple-choice, one case study written assignment, and one work product written assignment
- Time Limit: Three hours
- Exam Cost: $105
Ohio Assessments for Educators - Multi-Age (Pk-12) APK Exam Breakdown
|Ohio Assessments for Educators - Multi-Age (Pk-12) APK Exam Concept||Percent of the Ohio Assessments for Educators - Multi-Age (Pk-12) APK Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Student Development & Learning||24%||24 questions||61|
|Assessment, Instruction & the Learning Environment||50%||51 questions||91|
|The Professional Environment||26%||27 questions||18|
APK: Multi-Age Preparation & Registration
The following chapters will cover curriculum planning as well as the development, administration and interpretation of classroom assessments and assessment data. There will also be a focus on child psychology and development from early childhood to late adolescence as well as best strategies to model efficient, age-appropriate classroom dynamics. These brief, engaging video lessons provide opportunities for our qualified instructors to help you review topics you may have studied in college, certification courses, advanced degree programs or workshops. Our lessons may also introduce you to new, up-to-date information across a broad spectrum of student populations in an ever-evolving field. After completing each lesson, you can follow up with one of our short quiz assessments. These are designed to give you an idea of what the formatting of the questions will look like on the actual test.
These exams are administered all year and are available on a first-come first-served basis. Appointments may be booked online. Approved CBT testing sites are located throughout the state of Ohio as well as nationwide.
APK: Multi-Age Scoring
Approximately a month after taking the exam, your scores will be e-mailed to you and also made accessible online through your account. You will need a score of at least 220 points in order to pass the exam. It's divided into domains that include Student Development and Learning (24%), Assessment, Instruction, and the Learning Environment (40%) the Professional Environment (16%), the Case Study (10%) and the Work Product (10%).
Number of questions: 100 multiple-choice questions, 1 case study written assignment, 1 work product written assignment
Time to complete: 3 hours
Exam topics covered: Student cognitive, social and physical development from early childhood to late adolescence, student diversity, student learning processes and variables, administering assessments and interpreting assessment data, curriculum planning, instructional approaches and best practices, classroom management, educator responsibilities and professionalism
What you'll study: This comprehensive study guide will address relevant, up-to-date material to enhance and improve your existing knowledge of student development, classroom management and instructional practices as well as fill in the gaps of your knowledge in age-specific areas.
The Ohio Assessments for Educators is a registered trademark of the Pearson Education, Inc. or its affiliate(s), which are not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Undergraduate Health Assessment Course Information
- Indiana Core Assessments for Educators
- CNA Courses with Comprehensive Course Descriptions
- Assessment in Schools | A Guide to Assessment Types
- What Is Summative Assessment? | A Guide to Summative Assessment
- Formative Assessment in Schools | A Guide to Formative Assessment
- Professional Development Courses for Teachers
- Professional Engineering Classes and Courses
- List of Free Online Courses for Educators
- How to Guide Students Through Study.com's Courses
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses