- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 92
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Is Physical Development? - Definition and Examples
Course SummaryIf you're planning to take the Ohio Assessments for Educators (OAE) Physical Education exam, use this comprehensive test prep course to make sure you're ready. The course offers expertly taught lessons and practice assessments to help you master the PE topics you'll need to know.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
13 chapters in Ohio Assessments for Educators - Physical Education (034): Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This series of lessons and assessments has been assembled to help you prepare for the Ohio Assessments for Educators (OAE) Physical Education exam. The course covers topics including the objectives of physical education programs, human growth and development, biomechanics, different types of physical activities used in physical education and the relationship between physical fitness and other aspects of life. Feel free to study as many of these lessons as you'd like, at any time on your mobile device or computer.
Check out our OAE test prep materials! We've got OAE courses to teach you the material, comprehensive OAE study guides to help you study, OAE practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational OAE resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
All of the lessons and quizzes in this course align with the subjects that you'll find on the OAE Physical Education. You'll study health-related physical fitness, weight management plans, biomechanics and other related topics. Complete these lessons and assessments to prepare for the exam by ensuring you can:
- Describe the theories and stages of human growth and development
- Identify the functions and structures of human anatomy and physiology
- Detail the processes of motor development and learning
- Define biomechanics and kinesiology and explain how they are related to motor skills
- Discuss the objectives and components of different types of physical activities
- Explain the social, health and cognitive benefits of physical fitness
- Outline principles, objectives and components of physical education programs
- Describe professionalism and safety guidelines for physical education
In 85 lessons and 12 chapters, our professional instructors lay out the subjects covered on the Ohio Assessments for Educators - Physical Education exam for you to study at your convenience. The self-assessment tools provided in this course include lesson quizzes and chapter tests.
Ohio Assessments for Educators - Physical Education Exam Information
Teachers in the state of Ohio take the OAE Physical Education exam to demonstrate their knowledge of physical education as part of the licensure requirements for this subject area.
- Number of Questions: 150 questions
- Question Type: Multiple-choice questions
- Time Limit: Three hours
- Exam Cost: $105
Ohio Assessments for Educators - Physical Education Exam Breakdown
|Ohio Assessments for Educators - Physical Education Exam Concept||Percent of the Ohio Assessments for Educators - Physical Education Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Growth & Motor Development||25%||37 questions||37|
|Movement Activities||25%||37 questions||10|
|Lifelong Physical Fitness||25%||37 questions||21|
|The Physical Education Program||25%||37 questions||17|
Preparing & Registering for the Ohio Assessments for Educators - Physical Education
This study guide course has been put together by our professional instructors to help you prepare for the OAE Physical Education exam. It is a series of subject-specific chapters, each composed of related lessons and assessments. Start your review of a chapter by watching the short, engaging and mobile-device-compatible lesson videos. Once you've reviewed a lesson, take that lesson's quiz to identify any topics you don't understand, and use the provided links to return to the lessons to improve your understanding of them. At the end of a chapter, test your overall understanding of it with the practice chapter exam before you move on to the next one.
You may register for the OAE Physical Education exam on the OAE web site. You will be asked to select a time, date and place for your testing session. If you need to change the details of a testing session, you may do no later than 24 hours before your appointed time. You may retake the exam 30 days after your previous attempt.
Ohio Assessments for Educators (OAE) Physical Education is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How To Tell If You're Ready for College
- Take Heed of These Warning Signs That You're Ready to Leave Teaching
- What You Need To Know About The ParaPro Assessment
- Help Your ADHD Kid Socialize Even When You're Not Around
- Flashcards - Assessment in Physical Education
- The Compass Test: What You Need to Know
- Flashcards - MTLE Physical Education: Assessments
- Flashcards - Physical Education Assessments & Goals
- Indiana Core Assessments for Educators
- CNA Courses with Comprehensive Course Descriptions
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses