- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 181
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Human Growth and Development Theories
This course can be found in: OAE Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 40+ OAE study guides, and 5,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryExplore the entertaining lessons in this fun course to strengthen your knowledge of topics you could see on the Ohio Assessments for Educators: School Counselor test. Multiple-choice quizzes and practice exams are available to assess your comprehension and ensure you're ready to pass the test.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
18 chapters in Ohio Assessments for Educators - School Counselor (040): Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related OAE Courses
About This Course
Feel confident in your ability to succeed on the Ohio Assessments for Educators (OAE) School Counselor test using the study resources in this self-paced course. Our engaging lessons, developed by expert instructors, make it easy to improve your understanding of college and career counseling, learning environments, human growth and development, school counseling principles and more. Mini quizzes and practice exams can check your knowledge of concepts covered in this course. Use any computer or mobile device to access the course, and study at any time that fits your schedule.
Check out our OAE test prep materials! We've got OAE courses to teach you the material, comprehensive OAE study guides to help you study, OAE practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational OAE resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
This course is aligned closely with topics that appear on the OAE School Counselor assessment. You'll review several developmental learning theories, as well as the components of quality school counseling programs. When you're finished with the course, you should be able to:
- Discuss issues and exceptionalities related to health development
- Compare several teaching strategies and learning theories
- Name the elements of guidance curricula and responsive services for school counselors
- Evaluate diversity in school counseling and group counseling facilitation in schools
- Explain the purpose and theories of crisis interventions
- Describe the applications of student testing
- Use strategies for developing relationships with families and communities
- Recognize school counselor professional standards
This course's 17 chapters and 171 lessons help you quickly review and master the types of school counselor topics you need to know for the OAE exam. When you're finished with each lesson, try the accompanying self-assessment quiz to see how well you understand key concepts. The course dashboard will keep track of your progress, and you can submit questions to our experts if you need any extra help with the material.
OAE School Counselor (040) Exam Information
The Ohio Assessments for Educators: School Counselor test is designed for individuals interested in receiving initial educator licensure in Ohio or want to add a new licensure area for school counseling.
- Number of Questions: 150
- Question Type: Multiple-choice
- Time Limit: 3 hours
- Exam Cost: $105
OAE School Counselor (040) Exam Breakdown
|OAE School Counselor Exam Concept||Percent of the OAE School Counselor Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Number of Chapter Lessons|
|Student development and learning||22%||33||55|
|Comprehensive school counseling program||45%||38||74|
|Professional knowledge and practice||33%||49||42|
Ohio Assessments for Educators: School Counselor Test Preparation & Registration
Take advantage of a variety of study resources designed to simplify the process of preparing for the Ohio Assessments for Educators: School Counselor test. Each chapter in this course is divided into bite-sized lessons that cover topics like behaviorism, self-directed learning, scaffolding in teaching, multicultural counseling and school violence. Lesson quizzes, chapter exams and our comprehensive final exam can check your knowledge of concepts covered in this course. Use the Dashboard to track your progress and send lesson topic questions to our experts.
Registering for the test requires signing into or setting up an account on the Ohio Assessments for Educators website. While registering, you will be asked to share your email address and personal details. This process enables you to choose your test date and site and select the institution to which you'd like your scores sent. On the day of the exam, be sure to bring a current, government-issued ID printed in English and arrive no more than 15 minutes late. If you need to change your registration, submit your request at least 24 hours prior to your scheduled test time via your online account.
Ohio Assessments for Educators is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Should I Be a School Counselor? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become a School Counselor? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Be a Counselor? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become a Counselor? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Indiana Core Assessments for Educators
- Should I Go to Dental School? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become an Elementary School Teacher? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Go to Cosmetology School? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Go to Nursing School? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become a High School Teacher? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses