- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 77
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Makes School Library Media Programs Effective?
Course SummaryGet ready for the Ohio Assessments for Educators School Library Media Specialist exam with this comprehensive test preparation course. You'll review all of the library media concepts that could appear on the test through a series of engaging lessons and practice quizzes.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
13 chapters in Ohio Assessments for Educators - School Library Media Specialist (041): Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This comprehensive test prep course can help you review and remember all of the information that could appear on the Ohio Assessments for Educators (OAE) School Library Media Specialist exam. You can prepare for this licensure exam at your own pace using the course's mobile-friendly lessons and quizzes. The course goes over the concepts of school library media programs, as well as the content area knowledge that school library media specialists must have. You can access this course at any time that fits your schedule, and our subject matter experts are happy to answer any questions you may have about the material.
Check out our OAE test prep materials! We've got OAE courses to teach you the material, comprehensive OAE study guides to help you study, OAE practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational OAE resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
This course is closely aligned with the concepts that appear on the OAE School Library Media Specialist exam. Our lessons cover the elements of school library media programs, as well as useful instructional strategies and methods for school libraries. When you're finished with the course, you should be able to:
- Describe the roles of library media programs and library media specialists
- Explain the importance of collaboration and communication in school libraries
- Understand how library media programs are planned and evaluated
- Assess the development and management of school library environments
- Promote literacy and evaluate information literacy methods and materials
- Name significant works of children's and young adult literature
- Provide diverse student group resources and services
- Apply school library instructional strategies
- Determine how school librarians use data and assessments
- Recognize library resource management techniques
In this course, you'll review 70 lessons that are broken into 12 chapters. You can work through the course at your own pace using your computer or mobile device. After watching the video lessons, try taking the self-assessment quizzes to retain important school library media concepts.
OAE School Library Media Specialist (041) Exam Information
OAE exams are a part of the licensure process for prospective teachers in Ohio. The exams evaluate the professional knowledge that's necessary for becoming an educator in the state. The School Library Media Specialist exam is for those who want to gain a teaching endorsement in library media.
- Number of Questions: 150
- Question Type: Multiple-choice
- Time Limit: 3 hours
- Exam Cost: $105
OAE School Library Media Specialist (041) Exam Breakdown
|OAE School Library Media Specialist Exam Concept||Percent of the OAE School Library Media Specialist Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Lessons|
|The library media program||30%||45||15|
|Promoting information literacy skills||40%||60||47|
OAE School Library Media Specialist Test Preparation & Registration
This course allows you to study at your own pace using any computer or mobile device. As you progress through the course, you'll review short and entertaining lessons that cover a variety of essential library media topics. Each lesson comes with a short quiz that you can use to reinforce your understanding of the material. Lesson transcripts are also available to print out, and each chapter concludes with a comprehensive exam. If you have any questions about these library media topics, you can submit them to our expert instructors online at any time. The course concludes with a final assessment that you can take to make sure you're ready for the OAE School Library Media Specialist exam.
The exam is offered year round and by appointment. You can complete your registration online through the official OAE website. You'll be required to pay a testing fee in order to register. Testing locations are available both in Ohio and nationwide, and you can find your desired test date and location on the OAE website. Alternative testing accommodations are available upon request.
The Ohio Assessments for Educators School Library Media Specialist exam is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Flashcards - Assessment & Data for Library Media Specialists
- Library Media Specialist: Job Description, Salary and Requirements
- Flashcards - Professional Development for Library Media Specialists
- Library Media Specialist Degree Program and Licensure Information
- Flashcards - Principles of a Library Media Program
- Flashcards - Planning & Evaluating Library Media Programs
- Become a School Media Specialist: Education and Career Roadmap
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- How to Become a Library Manager
- Library Theft
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses