- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 275
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Human Growth and Development Theories
This course can be found in: OAE Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 40+ OAE study guides, and 5,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryAccess this course at any time to get ready for the Ohio Assessments for Educators School Psychologist (042) exam. This comprehensive study guide walks you through all of the psychological concepts you need to be familiar with in order to earn a high score on the assessment.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
28 chapters in Ohio Assessments for Educators - School Psychologist (042): Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related OAE Courses
About This Course
Make sure you're ready for the Ohio Assessments for Educators (OAE) School Psychologist exam with this study guide. The information you need to review is broken down into chapters that focus on everything from developmental theories to the professional principles school psychologists must abide by. You'll have access to our subject-matter experts if you have additional questions about the course material. Use any computer or mobile device to study, and be sure to take the practice quizzes to reinforce your understanding of the school psychology topics you'll encounter on the day of your OAE exam.
Check out our OAE test prep materials! We've got OAE courses to teach you the material, comprehensive OAE study guides to help you study, OAE practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational OAE resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
We've aligned the content of the course with the types of school psychology concepts that appear on the OAE exam. The course gives you an overview of human development, school counseling techniques, the professional school counseling environment and much more. By the end of the course, you should be able to:
- Outline the development of language in humans
- Evaluate several mental health issues
- Develop curricula and create positive learning environments
- Address a variety of concepts associated with assessments
- Use individual, group career and college counseling approaches
- Explain the process of research
- Compare types of communication
- Describe psychological work in schools and guidance counselors
- Evaluate legal concerns in psychology
This course consists of 27 chapters and a total of 257 lessons. To make sure you fully understand the school psychology topics you study, take the accompanying lesson quizzes, chapter exams and final course assessment.
OAE School Psychologist (042) Exam Information
The state of Ohio requires you to pass the Ohio Assessments for Educators School Psychologist exam for initial licensure in this field.
- Number of Questions: 81
- Question Type: Multiple-choice and constructed-response
- Time Limit: 2 hours and 30 minutes
- Exam Cost: $105
OAE School Psychologist (042) Exam Breakdown
|OAE School Psychologist Exam Concept||Percent of the OAE School Psychologist Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Understanding human development, diversity and learning||25%||20||83|
|Assessing and addressing individual and schoolwide needs||50%||41||142|
|Working in the professional environment||25%||20||32|
Preparing & Registering for the Ohio Assessments for Educators School Psychologist (042) Exam
Get the preparation you need to take the Ohio Assessments for Educators School Psychologist (042) exam with this course. Many of our lessons are offered in video form, providing you with the clearest instruction possible about the methods involved with school psychology. You'll also have access to quizzes and chapter tests with this study guide, all geared towards ensuring you can recall what you've learned and correctly apply it.
The Ohio Assessments for Educators School Psychologist (042) exam is offered during four testing windows each year. You can pick your testing date when you register online. Payment for the exam is due at the time of your registration. You should read and review the rules of the testing center before you register for the exam.
Ohio Assessments for Educators (OAE) is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc. or its affiliate(s), which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Assessment in Schools | A Guide to Assessment Types
- Formative Assessment in Schools | A Guide to Formative Assessment
- Indiana Core Assessments for Educators
- Guide to Online High School in Ohio
- Earning Your Ohio High School Diploma!
- What Is Summative Assessment? | A Guide to Summative Assessment
- What You Need To Know About The ParaPro Assessment
- Should I Become a High School Teacher? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become a Psychologist? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Undergraduate Health Assessment Course Information
- Aircraft Maintenance Education and Training Program Overviews
- Distance Learning Bachelor of Medical Transcription College Degree Programs
- Social and Community Services Masters Degree Program Information
- Associates Degree in Computer Repair Program Information
- Bachelor of Science in Multidisciplinary Studies Program Info
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses