- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 124
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Human Development Stages From Infancy to Late Adulthood
This course can be found in: OAE Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 40+ OAE study guides, and 5,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryGet ready for the OAE Special Education exam with this mobile-friendly test preparation course. Inside, you'll find short lessons and quizzes that can help you quickly review all of the special education topics that appear on the exam.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
15 chapters in Ohio Assessments for Educators - Special Education (043): Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related OAE Courses
About This Course
Work through this course at your own pace to get ready for the Ohio Assessments for Educators (OAE) Special Education (043) exam. The course contains short and fun lessons that cover all the special education concepts that you'll need to know for this teacher certification test, including special education services, instructional strategies, collaborative special education approaches and student support. You'll also take plenty of practice quizzes to help you get comfortable answering the types of questions you'll be asked. You can access the course at any time or day or night, which helps you prepare for the exam whenever you have free time.
Check out our OAE test prep materials! We've got OAE courses to teach you the material, comprehensive OAE study guides to help you study, OAE practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational OAE resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
To ensure that you study the types of special education topics you need to know, we've aligned this course with the concepts that appear on the OAE Special Education (043) assessment. The course's lessons and quizzes help you quickly review and remember the essentials of human development, special education approaches and the roles of special education professionals. When you're finished with the course, you should be equipped to:
- Accommodate students with individual disorders, impairments and disabilities
- Summarize the history of special education, IEPs and special education services
- Recognize assessments for intervention, support and behavior
- Evaluate student assessment methods in special education
- Discuss the importance of accessibility and curriculum planning in special education
- Use effective special education instructional practices
- Explain the benefits of using technology in special education classroom settings
- Teach communication, social and life skills to students who have disabilities
- Describe learning environment management in special education
- Apply special education communication and collaborative approaches
- Evaluate paths of professional growth in special education
In this course, you'll review 116 lessons that are divided into 14 chapters. As you work through each lesson, be sure to take the accompanying self-assessment quizzes to retain essential special education terms and concepts.
OAE Special Education (043) Exam Information
This exam is part of the Ohio Assessments for Educators program for initial teaching licensure. Based on Ohio's New Learning Standards, the OAE Special Education test measures a candidate's pedagogical knowledge in special education.
- Number of Questions: 150
- Question Type: Multiple-choice
- Time Limit: 3 hours
- Exam Cost: $105
OAE Special Education (043) Exam Breakdown
|OAE Special Education Exam Concept||Percent of the OAE Special Education Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Students with disabilities||20%||30||31|
|Assessment and program planning||20%||30||37|
|Learning environments and instructional practices||40%||60||35|
|Foundations and professional practice||20%||30||13|
OAE Special Education (043) Test Preparation & Registration
This course allows you to study for the OAE Special Education exam at any time that fits your schedule. Our short and informative lessons help you quickly move through the course, and each lesson comes with a mini-quiz to help you remember critical information. Take the chapter exams to make sure you fully understand these special education topics. If you have any questions, simply reach out to our instructors online. Lesson transcripts are also available to print for offline study. When you're finished with all of the lessons, try the course's final assessment to make sure you're fully prepared for the OAE Special Education test.
You can complete registration online through the official OAE website. The exam is available year round by appointment. From the website, you'll be able to locate your nearest testing center and pay the exam fee. You must also agree to the OAE's testing policies upon registration.
The Ohio Assessments for Educators special education exam is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Special Education Course Information
- What Can You Do With a Masters in Special Education?
- Online Special Education Graduate Courses Overview
- How to Become a Special Education Teacher in Illinois
- Special Education Certification in Connecticut
- How to Become a Special Education Teacher in Idaho
- How to Become a Special Education Teacher in Georgia
- How to Become a Special Education Teacher in Indiana
- Vermont Special Education Certification
- Special Education Certification in Pennsylvania
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses