- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 65
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Algebra Vocabulary Terms
Course SummaryLet us help you get ready to take the Ohio End of Course Exam - Algebra I test with the lessons in this engaging practice course. By reviewing our short lessons and quizzes, you'll work through all the subjects you'll be tested on so you're thoroughly prepared for exam day.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About this Course
The chapters of this course will provide you with a comprehensive review of the material you may find on the Ohio End of Course Exam (EOCE) - Algebra I exam. Each subject-specific chapter is composed of lessons and assessments that will help you study the different procedures and properties used to solve algebraic equations, inequalities and systems of equations. Form these lessons and assessments you should gain a better understanding of:
- Algebraic vocabulary, simple algebraic expressions and square roots
- Identifying components of and solving problems with linear equations and inequalities
- Factoring quadratic equations, completing squares and other ways of solving quadratic equations
- Exponent properties, expressing zero and negative exponents, exponential functions and exponential growth and decay
- Mathematical operations with polynomials and binomials
- Completing problems with rational expressions and rational equations
- What systems of equations are and how to solve them
- Mathematical sequences, classifying mathematical sequences and performing calculations for mathematical sequences
About the Exam
The state of Ohio uses the Ohio EOCE - Algebra I exam to determine students' proficiency levels at the end of the Algebra I course. The exam is administered in two parts, each lasting 90 minutes. The material in both sections of the exam is based on Ohio Department of Education standards and will assess students' abilities in interpreting and writing algebraic expressions, solving problems with polynomials and rational expressions, coming up with equations to express relationships and using equations, inequalities and systems of equations to evaluate algebraic relationships.
Preparing & Registering for the Ohio EOCE - Geometry
In addition to participating in your Algebra I class, you may prepare for the Ohio EOCE - Algebra I exam by completing the lessons and assessment in this course. Start by reviewing a lesson, paying attention to the highlighted vocabulary terms. Then, take the lesson's quiz to test your understanding of the material covered. To improve your understanding of any topics you miss, you may return to the lesson and/or ask our instructors for assistance using the help tab. At the end of each chapter, test your overall understanding of the topics covered in it by completing the practice chapter exam.
Since your school will administer the Ohio EOCE - Algebra I exam, no registration is necessary.
The Ohio End of Course Exam (EOCE) - Algebra I is administered by the Ohio Department of Education, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- List of Free Online Algebra Courses and Lessons
- MOUS Test and Exam Information
- More Than Half of SAT Test-Takers Not Ready for College
- List of Free Guitar Courses and Lessons
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- EMT Test and Exam Information with Tips
- List of Free Online Acting Courses, Classes, Lessons and Workshops
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- List of Free Online Art Courses, Lessons and Tutorials
- List of Free Online Calculus Courses and Lessons
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses