- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 100
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Legal Description of Property: Definition, Importance & Example
This course can be found in: Real Estate Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 30+ Real Estate study guides, and 800+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryThis comprehensive study guide helps you prepare for the Ohio General Appraiser Exam. Take advantage of these bite-sized lessons and interactive quizzes to get comfortable answering the types of questions you'll be asked on the exam.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Ohio General Appraiser Exam Study Guide
Prospective certified real estate appraisers in Ohio are required to pass the Ohio General Appraiser Exam. This study guide was developed to gauge your understanding of topics that you will encounter on the test. There are lessons on property ownership, building components, appraisal report writing and USPAP compliance, among others.
Ohio General Appraiser Exam Course Information
This course is designed to prepare you for the Ohio General Appraiser Exam, covering all of the topics outlined in the official test materials provided by PSI Exams on behalf of the Ohio Department of Commerce's Division of Real Estate and Professional Licensing. Our professional instructors created this comprehensive course to help you master these objectives. Some of the topics covered in this course are listed below:
Real Estate Market
- Defining eminent domain
- Understanding police power in real estate
- Deciphering differences in real property and personal property
- Using different types of contracts in real estate transactions
Land or Site Valuation
- Employing techniques for statistical analysis
- Distinguishing between Classical and Keynesian economy models
Sales Comparison Approach
- Identifying comparable real estate sales
- Estimating value using the sales comparison approach
- Reconciling to indicated value with the cost approach
- Estimating replacement costs in real estate
- Calculating stabilized net operating income
- Using compound interest tables
Reconciliation of Value Indicators
- Defining reconciliation in real estate
- Understanding value indicators in reconciliation
Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP)
- Applying USPAP rules
- Interpreting an appraisal report
Ohio General Appraiser Exam Course Format
Professional instructors have developed 105 text and video lessons within 16 chapters. You can even take self-assessment quizzes and chapter exams to make sure you comprehend the concepts covered in each of the chapter lessons.
Ohio General Appraiser Exam Information
- Number of Questions: 110
- Question Type: Multiple choice
- Time Limit: 6 hours
- Exam Cost: $90
Ohio General Appraiser Exam Breakdown
|Ohio General Appraiser Exam Concept||Percent of the Ohio General Appraiser Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Real Estate Market||20%||22||5|
|Land or Site Valuation||4%||4||22|
|Sales Comparison Approach||14%||15||8|
|Reconciliation of Value Indicators||2%||2||3|
|Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP)||16%||18||21|
Ohio General Appraiser Exam is a registered trademark of the Ohio Department of Commerce, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- Does Every Florida Teacher Have to Take the General Knowledge Exams?
- How Can Parents Help Their Students Prepare for a College Readiness or AP Exam?
- Free Online Appraiser Licensing Exam Preparation Information
- Compass Exams
- Where Can I Take a Child Care Exam Online?
- How to Earn Money Answering Questions for Study.com
- 4 Ways to Study Effectively for Your CLEP Exams
- What to Do When Your Study Group Isn't Helping You Succeed on Exams
- How to Become an Appraiser: Step-by-Step Guide
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses