- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 89
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Legal Description of Property: Definition, Importance & Example
This course can be found in: Real Estate Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 60+ Real Estate study guides, and 1,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryUse of this study guide is a convenient way to prepare for the Ohio Licensed Appraiser Exam. The course contains fun video lessons, self-assessment quizzes, and chapter exams that help you better understand the topics covered.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Ohio Licensed Appraiser Exam Study Guide
Passing the Ohio Licensed Appraiser Exam is required to become a licensed real estate appraiser in the state of Ohio. This course was created to assess your knowledge of topics you'll encounter on the test. There are lessons on land valuation, liens, government powers in real estate, report writing for appraisers, and a lot more.
Ohio Licensed Appraiser Exam Course Information
This course is designed to prepare you for the Ohio Licensed Appraiser Exam, covering all of the topics outlined in the official test materials provided by PSI Exams on behalf of the Ohio Department of Commerce's Division of Real Estate and Professional Licensing. Our professional instructors created this comprehensive course to help you master these objectives. Some of the topics covered in this course are listed below:
Real Estate Market
- Defining escheat in real estate
- Challenging real estate assessments
- Understanding water rights
- Distinguishing between real property and personal property
Land or Site Valuation
- Using the extraction method of land valuation
- Explaining the subdivision method of site valuation
Sales Comparison Approach
- Employing the sales comparison approach to estimate value
- Identifying comparable real estate sales
- Defining the cost approach to property valuation
- Estimating reproduction costs in real estate
- Using compound interest tables
- Estimating reserves in property valuation
Reconciliation of Value Indicators
- Identifying value indicators
- Reconciling judgments in real estate appraisal
Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP)
- Utilizing writing and reasoning skills for real estate appraisers
- Interpreting an appraisal report
Ohio Licensed Appraiser Exam Course Format
This course has 13 individual chapters and 90 lessons presented using text and video formats. Assess your knowledge of what's covered in each lesson by completing self-assessment quizzes and exams provided for each chapter.
Ohio Licensed Appraiser Exam Information
- Number of Questions: 110
- Question Type: Multiple choice
- Time Limit: 4 hours
- Exam Cost: $90
Ohio Licensed Appraiser Exam Breakdown
|Ohio Licensed Appraiser Exam Concept||Percent of the Ohio Licensed Appraiser Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Real Estate Market||20%||22||5|
|Land or Site Valuation||4%||4||16|
|Sales Comparison Approach||22%||24||8|
|Reconciliation of Value Indicators||2%||2||3|
|Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP)||16%||18||21|
Ohio Licensed Appraiser Exam is a registered trademark of the Ohio Department of Commerce, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- 4 Ways to Study Effectively for Your CLEP Exams
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- How Video Games Help Children with ADHD Study & Have Fun
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- What to Do When Your Study Group Isn't Helping You Succeed on Exams
- How Can Parents Help Their Students Prepare for a College Readiness or AP Exam?
- Use Formative Assessments to Better Understand Every Student
- When to Use a Self-Assessment With Your Job Search Video
- Free Online Appraiser Licensing Exam Preparation Information
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses