- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 116
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Organizing History with Calendars, Maps & Periodization
Course SummaryThe objective of this course is to provide students with an additional way to prepare for the Ohio State Test - American History exam. Inside the course, you will review the concepts that appear on the test through a series of expertly taught lessons and self-assessments.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About this Course
This study-guide course is a comprehensive review for the Ohio State Test - American History exam, meant to help students review material they have covered in their U.S. history class. In this course you will review historical methods, historical documents and historical events between the American Revolution and modern times. Some of the topics covered in this course include:
- How to research, organize, interpret and report historical data
- Historical documents important to the founding of our nation
- American industrialization and progressivism in the 1800s
- U.S. imperialism and WWI
- Events, culture and politics between WWI and WWII
- The U.S. during WWII and war's effect on the world
- The conflicts and effects of the Cold War
- Post-Cold War history
About the Exam
The Ohio State Test - American History exam is an assessment used to determine if what students are learning in their American history classes matches with state standards. This exam is administered in two parts: a performance-based exam, administered three-fourths of the way through the school year, and an end-of-year exam. The performance-based exam is comprised of 12 items that will require students to think critically, analyze historical data and construct responses. The end-of-year exam will include a series of multiple-choice, graphic-response and short answer questions.
Preparing & Registering for the Ohio State Test - American History Exam
In addition to participating in your American history class, you can prepare for the Ohio State Test - American History exam by completing the lessons in this course and the assessments that accompany them. Each lesson comes with a lesson transcript that you can use to reinforce your retention of the information presented in it, and a lesson quiz you can take to test your understanding of the material. These lessons and assessments are organized into subject specific chapters, which have practice chapter exams you can use to determine how well you understand the subjects before you take the Ohio State Test - American History exam.
If you have any questions regarding your registration for this exam talk with you school/educational institution for more information.
Ohio State Test - American History is a registered trademark of the Ohio Department of Education, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Should I Become a State Trooper? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Be a History Teacher? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Nursing Student Uses Free Course to Test Out of Prerequisites
- Should I Become a Radiologist? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become an Accountant? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become a Doctor? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become a Detective? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become a Copywriter? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become an Actuary? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become a Dietitian? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses