- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 141
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1How to Analyze a Literary Passage: A Step-by-Step Guide
Course SummaryExplore the bite-sized lessons in this short course to prepare for and pass the Ohio State Grade 8 English Language Arts test. Multiple-choice quizzes and practice exams can test your English language arts knowledge and skills before the day of the test.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
16 chapters in Ohio State Test - English Language Arts Grade 8: Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This entertaining course makes studying for the Ohio State Grade 8 English Language Arts test fun and easy! Our instructors teach engaging online lessons that cover dialogue analysis, structure in literature, writing strategies for informative essays, the integration of common literary concepts and ideas and much more. Practice quizzes and exams can find out how well you understand these lessons. Among the topics covered in this course are:
- Key details and ideas in literature, informational texts and content texts
- Point of view, vocabulary and figurative language in literature
- How to analyze nonfiction literature
- Ways to integrate ideas and knowledge in informational text
- Writing strategies for argumentative and narrative essays
- How to organize and revise essays
- Steps for creating a research project
About the Exam
The Ohio State Grade 8 English Language Arts test is designed to test 8th graders' knowledge of English language arts. The test is administered in two parts that last 1 hour and 45 minutes each. It is divided into three reporting categories: Reading Literary Text (16-20 points), Reading Informational Text (20-24 points) and Writing (20 points). Tests are administered in schools during pre-determined dates in the spring. Score results are available in the Online Reporting System about two months after testing.
Ohio State Grade 8 English Language Arts Test Preparation & Registration
Preparing for the test is simple using the study tools in this course. Explore our lessons to better understand literary motifs, similes in literature, types of irony, essay introductions and much more. If you have questions about any of the topics you study, feel free to submit them to our subject-matter experts. Use our mini quizzes, chapter exams and final course exam in find out how ready you are to succeed on the Ohio State Grade 8 English Language Arts test.
Since schools administer the test, students are not required to register. Contact your district or school administrator to find out when this test is scheduled so that you can set aside enough time to study.
Ohio's State Tests are administered by the Ohio Department of Education, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Online Diplomas in English Language Arts with Program Overviews
- Online Master of English Language Arts Degrees with School Options
- Online Undergraduate Courses in English Language Arts
- Distance Learning Master of English Language Arts Degrees
- GED Reasoning Through Language Arts Test Information
- EFI: English for Internet Online Practice Tests
- English Language Class and Course Descriptions
- Courses for Teaching English As a Second Language
- Jobs that Involve Language Arts
- Advice for How to Prepare for Standardized State Testing with Your Class
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses