- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 109
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Proportion: Definition, Application & Examples
Course SummaryHelp your students get ready for Ohio's state test for Grade 8 Mathematics with this test prep course. Using fun video lessons and self-assessments, this study guide helps your students practice answering the types of questions they can expect on the exam.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
15 chapters in Ohio State Test - Mathematics Grade 8: Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
If your students need to take Ohio's state test for Grade 8 Mathematics, you can help them review everything they need to know by having them work through this test prep course. Inside the course, you'll find simple and fun lessons that help your students, learn, study and practice the 8th grade math concepts that will be on the state assessment. This study resource will strengthen your students' knowledge in several areas, including:
- Proportional relationships
- Line slope
- Linear equations and relationships
- Bivariate data and frequency tables
- Functions, expressions and equations
- Two-dimensional shapes, triangles and angles
- The Pythagorean theorem
- Cylinders, spheres and cones
- Integers and exponents
- Rational and irrational numbers
- Scientific notation
- Square and cube roots
About the Exam
The Ohio Grade 8 Mathematics exam is part of the annual Ohio Achievement Assessments for elementary and middle school students. The test is designed to evaluate students' math comprehension and skills. Students have three hours to complete the two-part exam. The 8th grade mathematics exam is worth a total of 52-54 points and contains questions relating to Ohio's state math standards.
Ohio Grade 8 Mathematics Exam Preparation & Registration
Your students can prepare for the exam by taking the entire course in sequence or by jumping to specific topics they need extra help understanding. Our instructors highlight key definitions and use memorable examples to help your students fully understand the information. After reviewing fundamental math definitions and formulas, your students can take the included self-assessment quizzes and chapter exams to get practice applying what they've learned.
Specific information regarding the state assessments can be found on the Ohio Department of Education's website. These assessments are required for elementary and middle school students who live in Ohio.
The Ohio Achievement Assessment is a registered trademark of the Ohio Department of Education, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How to Help Students Conduct Self-Assessments
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- How Video Games Help Children with ADHD Study & Have Fun
- Should I Become a State Trooper? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Test Prep
- How Can Parents Help Their Students Prepare for a College Readiness or AP Exam?
- 5 Lessons to Help Your Students Understand the Elections
- GED Practice Test Online with Example GED Practice Test Questions
- How Study.com Helps You Improve Your Grades
- How to Guide Students Through Study.com's Courses
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses