- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 275
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Classical Management Theory (1900-1930): Definition
Course SummaryThis course will teach you everything you need to pass the ORELA Business Education exam. This engaging course includes video lessons and quizzes to make sure you master each section and is self-paced for your convenience.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This ORELA Business Education Study Guide
This ORELA Business exam has been discontinued and replaced with the NES Business Education exam. This study guide is up-to-date and designed to prepare you for the current version of the NES exam. This course covers all of the topics you will be tested on when taking the Oregon Educator Licensure Assessments (ORELA) Business Education exam. The lessons in this course are designed to provide detailed overviews of business management, marketing, finance, human resources, accounting and entrepreneurship. The video lessons for each chapter are easy to follow and present the material in a fun and engaging way that will help you retain the information easier.
Check out our NES test prep materials! We've got NES courses to teach you the material, comprehensive NES study guides to help you study, NES practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational NES resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
ORELA Business Education Course Information
This course is designed to prepare you for the ORELA Business Education exam, covering all of the topics outlined in the official test materials provided by National Evaluation Series. Our professional instructors created this comprehensive course to help you master these objectives. Some of the topics covered in this course are listed below:
Business Management, Law, and Ethics
- Understand various organizational management functions, principles and methods
- Recognize the importance of human resources practices and responsibilities
- Apply knowledge regarding business law
Accounting, Personal Financial Management, and Quantitative Analysis
- Understand business accounting terminology, principles and methods
- Apply principles of personal finance and consumer economics
- Differentiate between different techniques of computation and quantitative analysis in business
Economics and International Business
- Become familiar with microeconomic principles such as supply and demand
- Understand macroeconomic principles such as various economic and political systems
- Analyze factors influencing international business, marketing and trade
Marketing, E-Commerce, and Entrepreneurship
- Recognize the components of effective marketing strategies and research
- Discuss business on an e-commerce level and the importance of Internet marketing
- Analyze various factors and issues in relation to starting a new business venture
Business Communications, Technology, Career Development, and Professionalism
- Review the importance of correct terminology, appropriate style, and proper etiquette for effective communication
- Understand the importance of information technology in business and society and the various business applications associated
- Recognize career opportunities in business
ORELA Business Education Course Format
This course contains 259 lessons that are broken into 25 chapters. As you work through the course, watch the video lessons and follow along with the printable transcripts. The course also includes interactive lesson quizzes and chapter exams to help you remember the concepts you study.
ORELA Business Education Exam Information
- Number of Questions: 150
- Question Type: Multiple-choice
- Time Limit: 3 hours
- Exam Cost: $95
ORELA Business Education Exam Breakdown
|ORELA Business Education Exam Concept||Percent of the ORELA Business Education Exam||Approximate Number of Questions|
|Business Management, Law and Ethics||19%||28|
|Accounting, Personal Financial Management, and Quantitative Analysis||19%||28|
|Economics and International Business||19%||28|
|Marketing, E-Commerce, and Entrepreneurship||19%||28|
|Business Communications, Technology, Career Development, and Professionalism||25%||38|
Registering and Preparing for the ORELA Business Education Exam
To register for the exam, go to the ORELA website and create an account. You will then be able to complete your registration through the online portal. Registration is available year-round, but appointments are scheduled on a first-come, first-serve basis. An acceptable form of ID bearing your name as you registered for the exam is required when you check in at the testing center on the day of your exam.
The short video lessons in this study guide are designed to address the material you are likely to encounter on the ORELA Business Education exam. Self-assessment quizzes accompany each lesson to gauge what you have learned to ensure your complete understanding of the material covered in the videos before moving forward to the next lesson.
For more information on registering and preparing for the ORELA Business Education exam check out our NES Informational Resources.
ORELA Business Education Exam Scoring
Test results are available immediately after completing the exam. A test score report is emailed to you within two weeks of taking the exam. A score of 220 is needed to pass the ORELA Business Education exam. The time to complete the entire exam is three hours.
You can find more information about how the ORELA Business Education exam is scored here.
Oregon Educator Licensure Assessments (ORELA) is a registered trademark of the Oregon Teacher Standards and Practices Commission and Pearson Education, Inc. or its affiliate(s), which are not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- Online Master of Education Course Overviews
- Master of Education Classes and Courses Overview
- Masters Degrees in Education Administration with Course Info
- Online Masters in Education Courses with School Options
- Education Requirements to Teach High School Classes and Courses
- Masters Degrees in E-Business and E-Commerce with Course Info
- List of Free Online Chinese Language Courses and Video Lessons
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- Master Programs for Teachers with Course Summaries
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses