- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 207
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1The Nature of Science
This course can be found in: CEOE Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 20+ CEOE study guides, and 5,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryEnhance your ability to succeed on the OSAT Biological Sciences (CEOE) exam with help from this entertaining course. Bite-sized lessons, multiple-choice quizzes and a variety of practice tests can ensure you have the knowledge needed to earn a passing score.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
23 chapters in OSAT Biological Sciences (CEOE) (010): Study Guide & Practice
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related CEOE Courses
About This OSAT Biological Sciences (CEOE) Study Guide
In this self-paced course, you'll find a comprehensive overview of concepts covered on Oklahoma's OSAT Biological Science (CEOE) exam. Our lessons take a close look at specific exam topics like classical and molecular genetics, plant growth and reproduction, requirements of biological systems and mechanisms of biological evolution to ensure you're fully prepared. Each lesson features a multiple-choice quiz you can take any time to check your knowledge of main concepts. We also offer broader practice exams that ensure you grasp each chapter and the entire course. These study tools are accessible 24 hours a day via your computer or mobile device of choice, making it easy to study whenever and wherever your schedule permits. This Study.com course was last updated in 2018.
Check out our CEOE test prep materials! We've got CEOE courses to teach you the material, comprehensive CEOE study guides to help you study, CEOE practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational CEOE resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
OSAT Biological Sciences (CEOE) Course Information
This course is designed to prepare you for the OSAT Biological Sciences (CEOE) exam, covering all of the topics outlined in the official test materials provided by Pearson Education, Inc. Our professional instructors created this comprehensive course to help you master these objectives. Some of the topics covered in this course are listed below:
Foundations of Scientific Inquiry
- Describe concepts unifying science and connecting science to technology
- Know the nature and context of science throughout history
- Apply scientific inquiry to explain natural phenomena
- Use principles of measurement to gather and distribute scientific data
- Utilize proper, safe, and legal handling of equipment, materials, chemicals and organisms
Cell Structure and Function
- Determine the role of biologically important elements and compounds in living organisms by applying knowledge of chemistry and biochemistry
- Show knowledge of cell structure, type, and function
- Explain photosynthesis and its relationship to cell respiration, cell structure, and function
- Define meiosis, mitosis, and the role of cell division
Heredity and Biological Adaptation
- Discuss the structure and function of RNA and DNA
- Outline the procedures involved in basic genetic engineering and research including isolation, manipulation, and expression of genetic material
- Know concepts, principles, and applications of genetics, both classical and molecular
- Explain biological adaptation and the process of natural selection
- Define the basics of classification and taxonomy
Matter, Energy, and Organization in Organisms
- Apply understanding of the organization of organisms and characteristics of life
- Use knowledge of matter and energy in organisms
- Examine regulatory processes in organisms
- Discuss life cycles, reproduction, and development of organisms
- Demonstrate knowledge of human biology
Interdependence of Organisms
- Compare characteristics of populations and communities and investigate population growth and community interactions
- Define characteristics of major biomes and ecosystems
- Model the flow of energy and matter between and through living systems and the environment
- Have knowledge of concepts of human ecology and impact of decisions and activities on the biotic and abiotic environments
OSAT Biological Sciences (CEOE) Exam Course Format
This course contains 207 fun lessons that have been divided into 23 chapters. The lessons provide in-depth examinations of the concepts you will see when taking the OSAT Biological Science (CEOE) exam. Mini quizzes and comprehensive exams check your knowledge of the lessons and gauge your readiness for exam day. The Dashboard keeps track of your progress and lets you submit any lesson topic questions to our subject-matter experts.
OSAT Biological Sciences (CEOE) Exam Information
- Number of Questions: 81
- Question Type: 80 selected response, 1 constructed response
- Time Limit: 4 hours
- Exam Cost: $80, $25 CBT fee, $30 registration processing fee
OSAT Biological Sciences (CEOE) Exam Breakdown
|OSAT Exam Concept||Percent of the OSAT Exam||Approximate Number of Questions|
|Foundations of Scientific Inquiry||9%||8|
|Cell Structure and Function||17%||16|
|Heredity and Biological Adaptation||21%||20|
|Matter, Energy, and Organization in Organisms||21%||20|
|Interdependence of Organisms||17%||16|
|Foundations of Scientific Inquiry (Constructed Response)||15%||1|
OSAT Biological Sciences (CEOE) Exam Preparation & Registration
When you're ready to register for the exam, be sure to visit the OSAT website to set up an online account. Be prepared to share your email address and other personal details. On exam day, report to your testing site at least 15 minutes prior to your scheduled testing time and bring a current, government-issued ID printed in English. If you need to make changes to your registration, you can do so through your online account.
Preparing for the OSAT Biological Sciences (CEOE) exam is easy using the study tools available in this entertaining course. Access our lessons, quizzes and practice exams any time to refresh your knowledge of biological sciences concepts like cellular respiration, DNA cloning, taxonomy and sexual selection without setting foot in a traditional classroom setting!
For more information on registering and preparing for the OSAT Biological Sciences (CEOE) exam, check out our CEOE Informational Resources.
Certification Examinations for Oklahoma Educators (CEOE) Oklahoma Subject Area Tests (OSAT) is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- What to Do When Your Study Group Isn't Helping You Succeed on Exams
- Everything You Need to Know About AP Tests: Deadlines, Scoring Policies & More
- CEOE Test Preparation & Resources
- College Student Uses Free Courses and the CLEP Exam to Earn Low-Cost Credits
- Earn Your Diploma: Tips for Succeeding in High School
- University Librarians Can Help Students Succeed - If Only They Used Them
- Strategies to Help Your ADHD Child Succeed at School
- How to Recognize Introverts Among Students & Help Them Succeed
- Does Every Florida Teacher Have to Take the General Knowledge Exams?
- MOUS Test and Exam Information
- Budget Manager Employment Info and Requirements for Starting a Career in Budget Management
- General Doctors Office Secretary Job Outlook and Info About Starting a Career As a Doctors Office Secretary
- Counseling Psychology Phd Programs in New York
- Corporate Secretary Degrees
- Software Development Manager Information About Becoming a Software Development Manager
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses