- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 163
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Phonology: Definition, Rules & Examples
This course can be found in: CEOE Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 20+ CEOE study guides, and 5,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryTake a look at our engaging test prep course for the OSAT English as a Second Language (CEOE) exam. This comprehensive resource contains concise lessons, self-assessment quizzes and chapter tests to help you earn a passing score on the test.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
25 chapters in OSAT English as a Second Language (CEOE) (077): Study Guide & Practice
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related CEOE Courses
About This OSAT English as a Second Language (CEOE) Exam Study Guide
The OSAT English as a Second Language (CEOE) exam is used by the state of Oklahoma to test the knowledge and skills of prospective teachers in the state. Study subjects you'll find on the test, including the components of language, the role of culture in language learning, ESOL laws, and technology in ELL instruction. This Study.com course was last updated in 2018.
Check out our CEOE test prep materials! We've got CEOE courses to teach you the material, comprehensive CEOE study guides to help you study, CEOE practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational CEOE resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
OSAT English as a Second Language (CEOE) Exam Course Information
This course is designed to prepare you for the OSAT English as a Second Language exam, covering all of the topics outlined in the official test materials provided by Pearson Education, Inc. Our professional instructors created this comprehensive course to help you master these objectives. Some of the topics covered in this course are listed below:
Language & Language Learning
- Understanding the teaching components of language for ELL
- Identifying factors impacting second language development
- Developing culturally inclusive learning environments
- Employing cross-cultural communication basics
Planning, Implementing, and Managing ESL Instruction
- Promoting language acquisition
- Teaching speaking and listening skills effectively
- Using appropriate assessments for ELL students
- Integrating assessment planning for ELL students
- Promoting collaboration and advocacy for ELL
- Connecting with professional development organizations
OSAT English as a Second Language (CEOE) Exam Course Format
In 25 chapters and 163 lessons, we outline all of the subjects you'll be tested on when you sit for the OSAT English as a Second Language (CEOE) exam. The lesson quizzes and chapter tests we've included here are a helpful way to prepare for the exam.
OSAT English as a Second Language (CEOE) Exam Information
- Number of Questions: 81
- Question Type: 80 multiple-choice questions, one constructed-response questions
- Time Limit: 4 hours
- Exam Cost: $80
OSAT English as a Second Language (CEOE) Exam Breakdown
|OSAT English as a Second Language (CEOE) Exam Concept||Percent of the OSAT English as a Second Language (CEOE) Exam Score||Lessons|
|Language & Language Learning||12%||35|
|Planning, Implementing, and Managing ESL Instruction||37%||66|
The exam also contains one constructed-response question worth 15% of the exam that requires analysis and application drawn from the other concepts covered.
OSAT English as a Second Language (CEOE) Exam Preparation & Registration
We've designed this course as a one-stop resource you can use to prepare for the questions you'll face when you sit for the OSAT English as a Second Language (CEOE) exam, including those on professionalism in this industry, assessment planning for ELL students and second language acquisition. This exam is given at testing locations in Oklahoma and nationwide year round and by appointment only. Registration is completed online for this computer administered exam.
OSAT English as a Second Language (CEOE) is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Test Prep
- Should I Be an English Teacher? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- CEOE Test Preparation & Resources
- Should I Become a Librarian? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become a Screenwriter? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become an Anesthesiologist? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become a Principal? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become a Writer? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become a Pharmacist? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become a Pilot? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses