- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 256
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Making the Decision to Have Children
This course can be found in: CEOE Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 20+ CEOE study guides, and 5,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryPrepare for the OSAT Family and Consumer Sciences (CEOE) test with this comprehensive online study guide course. The course offers short lessons and practice assessments that cover the family and consumer science topics you'll need to know for the exam.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
28 chapters in OSAT Family & Consumer Sciences (CEOE) (009): Study Guide & Practice
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related CEOE Courses
About This OSAT Family & Consumer Sciences (CEOE) Exam Study Guide
This course is designed to get you fully prepared for the Certification Examinations for Oklahoma Educators (CEOE) Family and Consumer Sciences exam. This Oklahoma Subject Area Test (OSAT) is a comprehensive assessment that evaluates essential knowledge in the family and consumer sciences. As you work through this course's concise and expertly taught lessons, you'll review concepts that you'll likely encounter on the exam, such as human development, nutrition, food safety, money management, human relationships, career skills and more. You'll be able to access the course 24/7, and our subject-matter experts are happy to answer any questions you may have. This Study.com course was last updated in 2018.
Check out our CEOE test prep materials! We've got CEOE courses to teach you the material, comprehensive CEOE study guides to help you study, CEOE practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational CEOE resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
OSAT Family & Consumer Sciences (CEOE) Exam Course Information
This course is designed to prepare you for the OSAT Family & Consumer Science (CEOE) exam, covering all of the topics outlined in the official test materials provided by Pearson Education. Our professional instructors created this comprehensive course to help you master these objectives. Some of the topics covered in this course are listed below:
- Outline stages of development, including infant, child, adolescence, adulthood, and aging
- Demonstrate understanding of the physical care and safety of children
Food Science, Nutrition, and Wellness
- Explain principles of nutrition and food science across the life span
- Demonstrate food safety and sanitation in a variety of kitchen environments
- Apply knowledge of food prep and menu planning for home and institutional settings
Consumer Economics and Personal Resource Management
- Detail resource management and consumer skills
- Describe principles of personal financial literacy
Apparel, Textiles, Housing, and Interior Design
- Share principles of textiles, fashion, design, and apparel
- Assess factors related to housing trends and the creation of living environments
Hospitality, Tourism, and Recreation
- Assess skills required for careers in hospitality, tourism, travel, and lodging
Interpersonal and Family Relationships
- Demonstrate knowledge of pregnancy, childbirth, and the roles of parenthood
- Show knowledge of various family makeups and factors related to their well-being
- Share characteristics of healthy interpersonal relationships
Career and Leadership Skills
- Develop career and leadership skills
- Demonstrate workplace skills and employability
Pedagogical Content Knowledge
- Use assessment data to develop lesson plans and address student needs for family and consumer sciences
OSAT Family & Consumer Sciences (CEOE) Course Format
In this course, you'll study 236 lessons that are broken into 27 chapters. When you finish a lesson, try the accompanying self-assessment quiz to make sure you understand the information. You can also take the chapter exams to further review important lesson concepts and family and consumer science terms.
OSAT Family and Consumer Sciences (CEOE) Exam Information
- Number of Questions: 81
- Question Types: Selected-response and 1 constructed-response
- Time Limit: 4 hours
- Exam Cost: $80, $25 CBT fee, $30 registration processing fee
OSAT Family & Consumer Sciences (CEOE) Exam Breakdown
|Exam Concept||Percentage of the Exam for Each Topic||Number of Questions for Each Topic|
|Food Science, Nutrition, and Wellness||13%||13|
|Consumer Economics and Personal Resource Management||12%||11|
|Apparel, Textiles, Housing, and Interior Design||11%||10|
|Hospitality, Tourism, and Recreation||11%||10|
|Interpersonal and Family Relationships||12%||11|
|Career and Leadership Skills||13%||13|
|Pedagogical Content Knowledge (Constructed Response)||15%||1|
Registering and Preparing for the OSAT Family and Consumer Sciences (CEOE) Exam
You'll be able to complete your exam registration on the official CEOE website. The registration process allows you to check for seat availability for this exam, and you'll be able to select your desired testing date. Testing centers are located in Oklahoma, as well as other states throughout the U.S. When you register, you'll pay your exam fee, a CBT fee and a registration processing fee. Also, when you register, you'll be asked to agree to all CEOE testing policies.
This course is designed to make your test preparation experience simple, flexible, and convenient. As you use this course to prepare for the exam, work through the lessons at your own pace. Take the self-assessment quizzes and chapter exams to ensure your comprehension of the material and revisit the lessons if you need to study a concept further. The Ask the Expert feature allows you to submit questions to our instructors if you need extra help. The course is also available online at any time of day or night, which enables you to study wherever and whenever it's convenient. You can also consult your course dashboard to see how much you've studied and which lessons you still need to review.
For more information on registering and preparing for the OSAT Family and Consumer Sciences (CEOE) exam, check out our CEOE Informational Resources.
The Certification Examinations for Oklahoma Educators (CEOE) and the Oklahoma Subject Area Tests (OSAT) are registered trademarks of Pearson Education, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Online Family and Consumer Science Courses and Classes
- Online Degrees in Family and Consumer Science
- Family & Consumer Sciences PhD Programs
- Online Courses and Classes in Family Studies
- Top Colleges for Family & Consumer Sciences Degrees
- Family and Consumer Science Degree Program Information
- Family and Consumer Sciences
- Online Courses in the Physical Sciences: Course Descriptions
- Online Courses in Family Law: Course and Class Descriptions
- Family Studies Certification Programs with Course Overviews
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses